Sylva Mojo Build Discussion Threads

Danny

Administrator
Need to find out if I have to keep changing the battery in the key though as that could be a bugger headache

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
A quick Google and most people who run the zetec do this key taped to the ring thing.... the key does not need power and is as reliable as any other imobiliser :)

When I strip my focus down I will make sure u keep the key and the ring so that if this one goes faulty I can change it :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":38mzpa61 said:
When I strip my focus down I will make sure u keep the key and the ring so that if this one goes faulty I can change it :)
That won't work as the key is sync'd to the ECU, the ring will work but the key won't

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":39x82gwu said:
First job is to get the old engine out and sold
Sold, ROFL, this should be fun, your Fleecebay fees to list it will be more than you get back for it.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1netm5vt said:
Danny":1netm5vt said:
That won't work as the key is sync'd to the ECU, the ring will work but the key won't

yes that is correct... the key and the ECU are twinned :D

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":ab1rhr9w said:
Danny":ab1rhr9w said:
First job is to get the old engine out and sold
Sold, ROFL, this should be fun, your Fleecebay fees to list it will be more than you get back for it.

yeah on looking I may get more money stripping it :-(

Should have it out by the end of the weekend all being well :D

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":22ps4frv said:
Is Max your project manager on this Mojo build instead of getting on with it, you're fannying about making things pretty & avoiding doing any actual work on it.

It's all a process :)

Easier to do most jobs as you go.... should have engine back in by the end of Saturday ready to make some more engine mounts

Phaeton

Staff member
Son has bought another BMW to go drifting in, he was sat on the sofa last night debating whether to go outside (on drive) & remove the Diff so he could weld it up, I told him what I thought about that idea, -2 C & dark, NFW.

Danny

Administrator
I was out yesterday in the snow in the garage...

This part of the build is harder than my last build.

Danny

Administrator
Got another day in on Friday in the snow...

Still messing with engine mounts... I found a ka mount that I thought would work but from that it evolved and I have ordered to cotton reel mounts instead...

Once these support the gearbox end I will be in a better position to actually start locking it all in place....

The timing chain end mount needs to be moved to the rear of the car a bit more to get the drive shafts better aligned..

wagon_1.0

Think i'm going soft in my old age :)

I actually spent yesterday piling up shite in teh garage to bring my BMW in :D

Tight squeeze with that in there!

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":a9vl9mmn said:
Think i'm going soft in my old age :)

I actually spent yesterday piling up shite in teh garage to bring my BMW in :D

Tight squeeze with that in there!

Hahahah one of my BMWs is in a bubble outside keeping warm and dry :D

ChaosMS

Danny the other exhaust with similar mountings is the Golf R32 inlet at the back of the box and then both pipes sweep to the front - similar to the MX5 one

Rich

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":r0oicrof said:
Danny the other exhaust with similar mountings is the Golf R32 inlet at the back of the box and then both pipes sweep to the front - similar to the MX5 one

Rich
Oooh thanks for that :)

I think I need to get the bodywork on to see how much space I have but it's not a bad thing to start thinking now

Danny

Administrator
In 24 hours I will be back in the garage making a mess and hurting myself..... bliss

ChaosMS

Danny what is the sputnik (quality name) supporting? it looks like its attached to the gearbox and then to the suspension arm mount??

It cant be a gearbox mount as I can see that in the top of the picture