Sylva Mojo Build Discussion Threads

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":2iypzha8 said:
Danny what is the sputnik (quality name) supporting? it looks like its attached to the gearbox and then to the suspension arm mount??

It cant be a gearbox mount as I can see that in the top of the picture

THe sputnik goes from the chassis (uses the same bolt as the bottom arm and then goes to 3 points on gearbox/engine block.

Phaeton

Staff member
I am presuming it's a torque mount, is there another on the other side? mind you it's a Ford so it could be made out of spaghetti & it would have enough strength to control the torque of a Zetec

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":224fpk09 said:
I am presuming it's a torque mount, is there another on the other side? mind you it's a Ford so it could be made out of spaghetti & it would have enough strength to control the torque of a Zetec
On the timing end their is currently only the rubber mount on the back of that there will be another mount that triangulate.....

On the gearbox end there is the sputnick and another rubber mount and then on the front there will be another mount which is the one I am making is for the front.of the engine (inlet side)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
With my mig welding skills spaghetti will be stronger

Phaeton

Staff member
I'm still not convinced about that front of engine or is it rear of car, torque mount, it just looks wrong, I think you need to tie it into the bottom rail as well

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":252mqyji said:
I'm still not convinced about that front of engine or is it rear of car, torque mount, it just looks wrong, I think you need to tie it into the bottom rail as well
Yup that's not a bad idea...

ChaosMS

That is a very tight fit on the Manifold Danny, does it still clear when the engine rocks on its mounts??

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":2pgqg4nh said:
That is a very tight fit on the Manifold Danny, does it still clear when the engine rocks on its mounts??

well....

no, the engine is pretty solid now :D

Where that manifold nearly touches I can remove a bit of that panel and there is loads of space :D

It will be a nice indication when I break an engine mount :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Rich we did suggest that he made a little fish boiler on the other side of the firewall so that when he broke down he'd have a warm meal to keep himself going until recovery arrived

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":rarzqrbk said:
Rich we did suggest that he made a little fish boiler on the other side of the firewall so that when he broke down he'd have a warm meal to keep himself going until recovery arrived
Yeah I may just do that

ChaosMS

Danny, is that your back box? I still have the Scorpion back box from the buggy which could do the trick and its stainless and has the additional drop in baffle to keep it quiet, i think the inlet pipe is 1.75 inch (i think) I can get some photos if you like

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":lqp0wiij said:
Danny, is that your back box? I still have the Scorpion back box from the buggy which could do the trick and its stainless and has the additional drop in baffle to keep it quiet, i think the inlet pipe is 1.75 inch (i think) I can get some photos if you like

Hiya yes that's the kind of thing I am after.

If you have some photos that would be great and some.measurements as well :)

ChaosMS

Danny its looking good, apologies for not digging out the back box - forgot all about it, to be honest i think it would of been too small for you, what you have now looks far better (and also looks like its strippable (end caps look like they can come off )
How many new fiberglass panels did you have to get as it looks like only one rear arch is original.
It does have a good looking rear end (Are we allowed to say that or is that car-ist ??)

Danny

Administrator
Hiya

Yeah figured you were busy :)

The back box is off a riot so fits well :)

I bought another mojo to use as spares... so pretty much all the fibreglass will be new now :)

Progress is slow but have been doing a lot of maintenance on our office building and generally busy with life.

Hoping to get it to stoneleigh but every job opens up 10 more jobs to do first...