Sylva Mojo Build Discussion Threads

Danny

Administrator
Well I have finally started working on the mojo again...

I have tacked the expansion tank brackets in place now....

Then on thursday I will finish the exhaust system and the really start pushing on...

With another baby on the way I need to try and get the mojo finished asap...

I am not sure how.long I will keep her as I quite fancy owning a lotus 7 type kit car for a bit as well so the mojo may only stick about for a couple of years....
571cabb1a840f5df65589d5f0e64fe5f.jpg
8a9e8072e48f4b7a6129d104cf838835.jpg
dafd535e19dde9c59b408db7b4ce0fee.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Looking good Danny - Merry Christmas mate - hope you had a good one!!

I'm going to have a crack at my exhaust over the next few days hopefully it will looks as cool as yours!!

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":7qr9723k said:
Looking good Danny - Merry Christmas mate - hope you had a good one!!

I'm going to have a crack at my exhaust over the next few days hopefully it will looks as cool as yours!!
Haha thanks :)

Merry christmas to you as well :)

It has taken me 3 attempts to get this to sit right...

Danny

Administrator
Happy new year all :)

I have been a bit busy with the mojo and have got a bit more done....

I welded in a cross member and made another to replace the ones that I cut out... I also welded in tubes that go through the box section so I can tighten up the exhaust mounts without crushing the tube.

I have now also turned th car around in preparation to get the engine out and so I can finish welding up the chassis and and get the chassis ready to take the engine for the last time.

I have started looking at radiators and the cooling system so I can start thinking about plumbing that up.
fbbe8e9bc9c8c57871f43c5b98ac19be.jpg
1e9701313a3b597e6ed9e68f60060345.jpg
4fe92d99ad0cee31d189e2cda56a1ca5.jpg
2fe0ab10d73ccf86a5d4a9fbf0f2f4a7.jpg

250buggys

Danny, have you tried the cam belt change method of cut it in half down the middle and slip the new one on then cut the old one off?

Screenshot_2020-04-16-18-28-09.png

Bit less faffing about.

Screenshot_2020-04-16-18-28-30.png

Danny

Administrator
I considered it but decided to do it the old fashioned way

Phaeton

Staff member
Does that really work, always thought it must be a ballsache to cut all the way along the length of a cambelt.

250buggys

Phaeton":3vak63vf said:
Does that really work, always thought it must be a ballsache to cut all the way along the length of a cambelt.

It was easy enough with Stanley's help

Danny

Administrator
I did not think about doing it that way... I just now need a 19mm Id tube to join but thats ok :D Thanks for that

250buggys

Hi Dan, I noticed this too on the Freestyle that the exhaust is really close to the mechanical fuel pump and routing the fuel hoses is difficult.

If they get too close to the heat they perish and fuel on a super hot manifold is about as bad as it gets.