Sylva Mojo build

Danny

Administrator
The shed build on the outside is nearly complete now and this weekend I will be painting the floor and I think it will be a good move to get the Mojo inside as the elements are showing signs or degrading...

In another thread I have been talking about a VAG 2.0 20v turbo lump and I think it might just work....

need to get the car stripped and the new fiberglass all lined up etc :D

Danny

Administrator
It's getting there
07b51d460e4b233adac1d7a98e2a68d7.jpg
3de3620dd9408490bf76a8df1f8811a4.jpg
74498308b5cf2b2e3648ba1b58f77539.jpg
9cf2372d6cd1365739cca7b3a404e8e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Looking at engine choices and the 1.8t 20v he lump will fit in but not sure how the engine mounts will fit as that will make it quite tight....

With engine mounts the width is 1040 and as you can see from the tape measure it is right on the outside....
b85e999af40f6f46148fabef0286e491.jpg
83b06ec803e86a3153b24fb94e5beea5.jpg
f51b317bd9e1dd918333fb6a551ee0eb.jpg
d65e5b65cc34156898ef613d7cf0cf40.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Screenshot_20181025-192901_Auto Trader.jpgScreenshot_20181025-192934_Auto Trader.jpgScreenshot_20181025-192847_Auto Trader.jpgScreenshot_20181025-192921_Auto Trader.jpgWell I have been looking at engines for a while now and other options and what not and the vw was high on my list but I have to think about what others have done and to be honest I don't want to spend hours trying to reinvent the wheel.

So I got looking on ebay and contacted a few companies who sell brand new ford engines and more specifically the 2.0 and I was told by all the companies that ford will no longer be supplying new blocks....

Time for a 'rethink...

Got on ebay and found that every ford focus that was 2.0 has over 80k on the clock and most have over 140k... it's a good sign but I want a low mileage lump so I bit auto trader....

I found one that only had 37k on the clock and I did my dealing and picked it up for £1100 Delivered... quite a lot for a donor vehicle but it gives me everything I need and also I should be able to sell everything I don't need :)

It should arrive next week

Danny

Administrator
Well the Focus arrived this week and I have to say I am quite impressed :D

I think the bits I dont need will be an easy sell and the engine sounds perfect :D The rocker box gasket has a slight weep but according to a couple of mechanics that is a good sign the cambelt has been changed :D

I will be changing the belt and clutch before it goes in the car anyway :D

I really need tot crack on and get my shed finished so I can then wire up the garage and from there i can start stripping the focus and the mojo and start to see if I can squeeze the complete engine and gearbox in the chassis without too much hassle....

I am actually looking forward to this build :D

Danny

Administrator
Well tomorrow I start wiring teh shed and getting ready to plasterboard the walls... if all goes well I may just get it plastered on saturday which would be epic... but I am not holding out much hope.

Off to Milan on monday for a week to go to EICMA :D

Danny

Administrator
The shed is pretty much plasterboarded and I will start skimming tomorrow :D

I have bought a modified loom for the Zetec engine so to get it running all I do is connect the earth wire and put 12v down another wire and we are all good :D Saves a lot of dicking about and what not.... I actually feel like I can wire this up myself now :D

Danny

Administrator
Shed should be all skimmed by the end of the week and with a bit of luck I will have it painted and then I can finally start moving cars about and get things moving...

I also need the Mojo finished as I am going be buying bikes and breaking them and what not as a bit of a sideline :D so need some space to get a few on the go...

Time is something I dont have a great deal of at the moment though

Danny

Administrator
The loom arrived today and annoyingly I forgot to ask about the immobiliser and so there is a key taped round a receiver... This gets past the immobiliser and it works but not ideal

However after googling it turns out that this is the only way to get round it unless I want to spend £700 on an after market ECU then a few hundred quid on the loom etc...

SO the key taped to the receiver is ok for now :D going to get a watertight box for it and also pick up a couple of spares also :D

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":36xss3yy said:
youve done a good job of that - but how long is it going to stay white?? :)

I wont be building the MOJO in there so should stay white for a long time... the paint is also washable :D

Danny

Administrator
Getting electric to the garage is proving to be the biggest issue. which is doing my head in!!!!

Danny

Administrator
The end is in sight!!!!

I have got tomorrow left and all the racking will be up and ready and I can finally start getting my garage back :D