The Turd v2.1

250buggys

owelly":c821kc5v said:
I do have a road registered buggy which looks very similar to this one......... ;-)

You can never have enough toys :D , what engine does that other buggy have in it?

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":36os7cg1 said:
Ahh V6!! yess!

I was going to VR6 mine, but instead i spend 8x as much with an R1.... great idea that was
Hahah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mini Mad Max

owelly":2kjhazi5 said:
Yup. I was thinking of using the K-series turbo out of a Rover 75 but the V6 sounds better....

Aren't they a 90deg V-angle? A bit strange for a V6 (unless 'murican). I like the mazda KLZE V6, they're super compact (60deg V-angle) and very light weight. The KLDE is much more attainable in the UK, but not too far down on power than the ZE. Alternatively, the Duratec V6s are ten-a-penny. Get the Jag X-type or Monde ST one for 220bhp :eek:

wagon_1.0":2kjhazi5 said:
Ahh V6!! yess!

I was going to VR6 mine, but instead i spend 8x as much with an R1.... great idea that was

VR6 is also nice and compact, but a bit on the heavy side no? The R1 will be a hoot when it's finished!

owelly

Update!!
The bump steer has gone completely! I was faffing with stiffening the front suspension to prevent the bump steer but that was just restricting the amount of travel, rather than fixing the problem. What I wanted to do, was drop the steering rack so the track rods were parallel with the suspension arms. That wasn't possible as there were pedals in the way. So I fitted the track rod ends into the top of the steering arms. BINGO!
Moving the suspension from top to bottom and there's no measurable bump movement!
I tapered the arms to suit the track rod end tapers which obviously didn't make a full taper as it met the original taper going the other way (which irked my engineering head) but it all nipped up tight.
Yesterdays trackday confirmed that the handling woes have gone. I need to soften the front end a bit and reduce the toe-out slightly ready for the next trackday in July.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77rr_qvDIDE

owelly

I knew I wouldn't catch it as my reactions are that of custard and I nearly lost it again as I set off!! Thankfully it all occurred in front of a gaggle of spectators who where taking bets on where I would spin off......

owelly

Heads-up and invitation!! The buggies next outing will be at Blyton Park on 3rd of July. If anyone wants to come for a play, get in touch!!

Phaeton

Staff member
I've put a note in the diary, I'm in London on the 4th & off to Wales on the 5th so we'll see how the week pans out, but will try to nip over in the afternoon