Tyre squeal

wally1

Does anyone know why tyres squeal ? Is it under or over inflation? Still using same tyre pressures but over the last couple of months it's started to squeal and it's getting worse it's both sides now. Any help would be gratefully recieved :) just an after thought the buggy has just run backwards out of my garden into the neighbours jap car that's all I need and I only insured it yesterday , joy :-[

Danny

Administrator
hmmmmm good be bad tracking?

The only time mine squeal is when I am giving it the beans :)

Steves2580

Some tyres start to squeal when they harden with age and lack of use!
Have a look at the date! It wil be a four number sequence eg 1512 = week 15 of 2012
Tyre compound deteriorates, so you should be changing the tyres every 5 years!

Sorry slackers, the tyres you bought 3 years ago, only have another 2 years in them :(

Steve

wally1

thanks steve and danny sorry about how long its taken to reply [same old thing WORK ] tried the bug without using a helmit and a lot of the so called squeals are definitly
suspension related when cornering but some are harsh squeals and from the tyres when cornering or long bends. so checked out tyres pressuers and state and lo and behold not a lot of tread on rear n/side .only had these on for about ayear and only done maybe 3or 4 thou so how do i adjust the track rod thing at the back? do you have to break it open to adjust and then do up again each time or what? all answers will be helpful,
ps tried to put a photo but it said it was to big and im not sure how to make them smaller wal :)