VW Buggy

Baloo

wagon_1.0":ssq819hx said:
glad you are back on this. NA for the win :)

Hi wagon

don't suppose you have any wiring diagrams for the v5 or the v6 do you ?

haven't decided which one I am going with yet ::)

Baloo

having the chassis out on the floor highlighted just how much more welding needs doing on it, now I am getting a lazy old git and don't fancy working upside down or lying on the floor, so

I made myself a spit so the chassis can rotate and I can sit in my armchair to weld it up

just need to nick some wheels of something else and give it a coat of paint

Baloo

lol just building what pops into my head really, shame but once the rollcage and a few body panels go on most of that curved section wont be visible
still I was after a strong chassis as one way or another it will have 200bhp and the only place I have to run it is lined with trees so I don't want it folding up when I get it all wrong, which I undoubtedly will

heres a couple of vids of my track one from a few years back and one from a few days back trees have grown quite a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... mMGUCmSPQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsBgQlPZVg

Baloo

so I think the spare wheel is going to live under the seats, that's why the seats are that high up in the first place, but I do like it at the front too
I also like the idea of adding some weight over the front wheels,...… but it screws up having the radiator at the front ……..

now I was going to put the rad at the front but have been pondering this from a safety point of view, if the car has an enclosed front engine bay then a rad that bursts wont make it to the driver fair enough, but an open buggy the scalding hot water is only going to go one way, backwards over the driver if the vehicle is moving forwards ?

so maybe having right at the rear is an option at least there is an engine between me and the hot water

going round in circles a bit here lol

Baloo

not much to report on the buggy, waiting for some lazer cuts to come back for the brake pedal, couldent get the standard one to fit how I wanted it

spit for holding the chassis is finished and painted , makes all that welding much easier to get at

and in other news a guy down the road asked me if I wanted to buy an old kitcar
, I told you space is a curse

Baloo

unorthodox way to unload l know but hey it works

correctly registered on V5, for make it says lo-cost. for model it just says special
vague enough for me, and not on a Q plate lol
I just couldent resist at £200 lol

Baloo

its mostly all there, nosecone is missing and inlet manifold and carb has gone walkabout

adjustable coil overs all round, they might end up on something else lol

ford crossflow autobox and hand control

Phaeton

Staff member
Baloo":3gj9h5vr said:
correctly registered on V5, make says lo cost model just says special vague enough for me, and not on a Q plate lol
You jammy barstool

Baloo

Phaeton":oauf8r4f said:
Baloo":oauf8r4f said:
correctly registered on V5, make says lo cost model just says special vague enough for me, and not on a Q plate lol
You jammy barstool

lol
i thought i had been done when i found the carb missing

Phaeton

Staff member
Baloo":spauak0o said:
i thought i had been done when i found the carb missing
Pull the boat anchor Ford out, put it on Fleecebay get £400 & fit something with 16 valves preferably Japanese