Wales Buggy Run July 2017

Danny

Administrator
You lot missed a good year again...

Arrived on thursday an hour late as I had to get front wheels re balanced on route :-\

Picked justin up en route and then made out way to the campsite :D

Friday was wet but a lot of fun and plenty of sideways moments (much to the demise of my clutch)

Saturday was good fun as the roads were dry :D

Always a good trip even if it rains!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

250buggys

ChaosMS":1tcf6vys said:
Looks like a lot of fun guys - looking forward to the videos!!

Yep Danny have you edited that footage yet, me also looking forward to seeing some action and the places you went to.

Danny

Administrator
The video is down to 25 mins... got a bit more of editing to do :D

will have it sorted by the end of next week :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Need a better mic & some proper music but apart from that it's good, did you have all the actors sign disclaimers before filming them?

p.s. I now hate you as I want a drone :D

250buggys

Danny":2z6ex00u said:

Shame about the rain... Looks soggy.

How many miles do you reckon you did in total?

I was expecting more action and more over-taking.
Like your previous videos where you can hear the engine noise and every gear change. Which looks really fast and sounds really fast. Gives good motivation to people who have buggies in bits...

I guess Wales Is different to our over-crowded back lanes

Scenery looks superb, good work with the drone.
Thanks for sharing.

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":2nvwlw9a said:
Danny":2nvwlw9a said:

Shame about the rain... Looks soggy.

How many miles do you reckon you did in total?

I was expecting more action and more over-taking.
Like your previous videos where you can hear the engine noise and every gear change. Which looks really fast and sounds really fast. Gives good motivation to people who have buggies in bits...

I guess Wales Is different to our over-crowded back lanes

Scenery looks superb, good work with the drone.
Thanks for sharing.

The thing with the weather was that the drift camera cant have external mic with the water proof back panel :-(

I did about 600 miles I think :D

The lanes we were in were mostly single track and what mine did not show was how bad they are in the wet.... I was aquaplaning a fair bit which made you slow right down....

Scenery is always good :D

Lilspeed

Excellent!! O0

Soaked to the skin on the Friday but brilliant fun. Amazing roads and I couldn't believe how empty they were!
Quite impressive that we completely drowned 5 home built, open frame cars and no-one had any issues. Mine was going like a trooper. :)

Looks like you had much better weather on the Saturday.

Danny

Administrator
Lilspeed":i6v6ggfz said:
Excellent!! O0

Soaked to the skin on the Friday but brilliant fun. Amazing roads and I couldn't believe how empty they were!
Quite impressive that we completely drowned 5 home built, open frame cars and no-one had any issues. Mine was going like a trooper. :)

Looks like you had much better weather on the Saturday.

Yeah still wet but good :D

Next year will be better

Lilspeed

Danny":2bi3s5ms said:
Next year will be better

Planning already?! ;)

BTW, turns out I aggravated a nerve in my lower back. Physio says 3 month recovery. :-\

Buggy is much easier to fix when that plays up . . .

Phaeton

Staff member
I think this was the worst year we have had for weather, I also missed out on the Thursday as normally that for me is driving up with Steve & Simon, stopping for lunch & getting a few hundred miles in, by having to wait to lay the concrete floor, not setting off until 15:30 & just driving straight there I feel like I missed a day. The huge amount of rain on Friday, followed by more rain Saturday put a damper on it (sorry about the pun) On Sunday Steve & I was going to get some miles in, but I had an issue with the nose so cut it a bit short.

As to mileage I ran the buggy up to my dad's on Wednesday night (new flat pack kitchen is now stored in the garage) I was disappointed to see I had only managed 535 miles in total, bearing in mind that it was 350 miles round trip just to the campsite, that is well down I think on the usual mileage it's normally above 800 & has been above 900 I'm sure

I'm already looking forward to next year

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":g36bj5s0 said:
I think this was the worst year we have had for weather, I also missed out on the Thursday as normally that for me is driving up with Steve & Simon, stopping for lunch & getting a few hundred miles in, by having to wait to lay the concrete floor, not setting off until 15:30 & just driving straight there I feel like I missed a day. The huge amount of rain on Friday, followed by more rain Saturday put a damper on it (sorry about the pun) On Sunday Steve & I was going to get some miles in, but I had an issue with the nose so cut it a bit short.

As to mileage I ran the buggy up to my dad's on Wednesday night (new flat pack kitchen is now stored in the garage) I was disappointed to see I had only managed 535 miles in total, bearing in mind that it was 350 miles round trip just to the campsite, that is well down I think on the usual mileage it's normally above 800 & has been above 900 I'm sure

I'm already looking forward to next year

yeah normally at least 700 and I think one year I did over 800

Next year will be good :D I like the one spot camping though that worked well :D