Water pump delay timer

Phaeton

Staff member
Looks like it will do what you want, although the wiring diagram looks wrong, I think he has his +/- the wrong way round

wagon

Some old golfs had this, maybe mk2 GTD and MK3 VR6, perhaps you could find a diagram / bodge that way?

Maybe Spyda would design one?

Anyway, the VW codes are 251965561B and 0392020024

This is the worst answer ever.... sorry

Phaeton

Staff member
CS01 from Circuit Solutions online is where mine came from

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
all ordered :D

Now to give it to my mate to wire it up once i plumbed it in :D Thanks alan :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Hope it's not the same guy that left you all the bad connections when we were in Wales!

You also really need a waterproof box to fit it in, although you will have to drill holes for the wires, I siliconed it up after I terminated everything.

To give your guy a clue although he may have a better way, I used the changeover relay to take away power from the timer when the ignition is on. So that when you switch the off the ignition, the relay drops, the power goes to pin 87A & the timer. I'm sure he'll sort if but I can do a diagram if needed.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2rz9i9j3 said:
Hope it's not the same guy that left you all the bad connections when we were in Wales!

You also really need a waterproof box to fit it in, although you will have to drill holes for the wires, I siliconed it up after I terminated everything.

To give your guy a clue although he may have a better way, I used the changeover relay to take away power from the timer when the ignition is on. So that when you switch the off the ignition, the relay drops, the power goes to pin 87A & the timer. I'm sure he'll sort if but I can do a diagram if needed.

Haha the dodgy wiring was actually a dodgy ignition barrel :D

If you do hacve a few minutes a sketch of how to do it will give him a better idea and also give me something to try and figure out as well :D

I will have a think about the waterproof box..

250buggys

Regarding the water proof box can you use an IP rated enclosure like this but smaller and cable gland any wiring? looks tidy too.

box.JPG

Danny

Administrator
Well we wired it.. and tested it and it worked... but if you turn the ignition off then on again it wont re fire... also there is a led on all the time whether the ignition is on or off...

So we have given up for now...

We are tempted again to just stick the pump on a switch.... but we will see