Hi guys,
It's insurance renewal time for me!

Who do you recommend?
What are you getting for your money?
How much do you pay?

Wish me luck!

Thanks, Steve ;D

Radar

Steve try Backford Bloor they are in elsemere port liverpool way . TEL 0151 356 8776
I have just renewed my insurance for my Scorpion with them and they were a full 40% cheaper than graham Sykes for me they came by way of recommendation from our Grinnal scorpion forums I think all those in the club who were due to renew their insurance ALL went with backford bloor as their quotes were so much more competative than anything else out there .

If you get a quote tell them Pete from the Scorpion club recommended you as I am a member of muddybuggys too and I will be surprised if they don't give you a really competative quote . let me know how you get on

Radar

Steves2580

Radar":25wggk2v said:
Steve try Backford Bloor they are in elsemere port liverpool way . TEL 0151 356 8776
I have just renewed my insurance for my Scorpion with them and they were a full 40% cheaper than graham Sykes for me they came by way of recommendation from our Grinnal scorpion forums I think all those in the club who were due to renew their insurance ALL went with backford bloor as their quotes were so much more competative than anything else out there .

If you get a quote tell them Pete from the Scorpion club recommended you as I am a member of muddybuggys too and I will be surprised if they don't give you a really competative quote . let me know how you get on

Radar

Thanks Radar,

I'll give them a ring at some point this week, if it's a great quote I'll be letting everyone know!!

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Just renewed with Graham Syles at beginning of month, £91.50 for Mr Bumble with a 1.8 in

Alan...

Radar

Phaeton":5h97exr0 said:
Just renewed with Graham Syles at beginning of month, £91.50 for Mr Bumble with a 1.8 in

Alan...

Gotta say Alan that is a pretty damn good quote is that fully comp ? if so I can't see that being beaten easily

Radar

herman

Onyx Tomcat £88 with Adrian Flux.
Limited to 3000 miles fully comp agreed value of £2k.

Herman

Steves2580

Steves2580":1llcdwvq said:
Radar":1llcdwvq said:

Radar

Thanks Radar,

I'll give them a ring at some point this week, if it's a great quote I'll be letting everyone know!!

Steve ;D

Just on with getting quotations :(
Spoken to Backford Bloor & Co, she asked what type of Kit Car it was, I said "ABS Freestyle Fun Buggy", her reply was (wait for it, it's a good one)

"we don't insure those beach buggy things" and the phone went dead!!

Nice! Not! :mad:

Steve

Radar

Steve ,

I am shocked by that I have nothing to do with backford other than the scorpion club guys recommended them and that paid off for me last month and I believe 4 other members around that time , I will ring our contact at BB tomorrow and take issue with the way you were treated espescially since I recommended you from another club the lady we deal with always seemed so professional and nice I wonder what she will think of the curt and disgraceful way you were treated ??

I will report back on this one

Radar

Steves2580

Not to worry Radar!

Well Guys, just to keep you in the picture!

Adrian Flux is looking best so far with:-
£138.88
Access of £100, full legal cover inc, limited to 4000 miles, agreed value of £2500.00

Graham Sykes are emailing me a quotation (spoke to them straight after Adrian Flux, approx 4.30pm, still no email!)

Sureterm Direct
£135.00
£50 access, full legal cover inc, limited to 4000 miles, agreed value of £2500.00
You might think this is the best but for £3.88, is it really worth me getting my proof of no claims, a letter from Danny proving membership to Muddybuggies, changing bank details, cancelling direct debits etc!
If it was £40 difference, then it's worth messing!

Performance Direct
£170.34
£50 access, ful legal inc, glass cover up to 6k, audio cover up to 6k, limited 4000 miles, agreed value £2500.00
Glass and audio ha ha, what no stereo or windows!!!

Footman James
Don't have any insurers that cover the freestyle funbuggy??

Backford Bloor & Co
Don't insure beach buggies!

Cherished Vehicle
Still to contact

Osborne & Sons
Still to contact

Gott & Wynne
Still to contact

Heritage
Still to contact

See what happens tomorrow/Wednesday ;)

Steve ;D

Radar

Radar":sib9m6xy said:
Steve ,

I am shocked by that I have nothing to do with backford other than the scorpion club guys recommended them and that paid off for me last month and I believe 4 other members around that time , I will ring our contact at BB tomorrow and take issue with the way you were treated espescially since I recommended you from another club the lady we deal with always seemed so professional and nice I wonder what she will think of the curt and disgraceful way you were treated ??

I will report back on this one

Radar

Hi Steve ,

I spoke to Backford Bloor about your customer service experience as I was concerned that I had recommended them . The lady who you spoke to was Sarah and she remembers your call . I must say she was genuinely concerned that you somehow got the wrong impression of BB when you contacted them and she wanted me to convey her apologies to you for the misunderstanding and the fact that it appeared that she hung the telephone up on you . Kate from BB will be in touch via this forum when she returns from holiday next week sometime or so I am led to believe .
Unfortunately she confirmed they do not offer cover for buggy type vehicles a fact I was not aware of when I recommended them .

Like I said I have no professional interest in BB and can only say that myself and members of The Scorpion club have had only positive dealings with them . I am sure your experience is not typical of BB

just my 2 cents worth

Radar

Steves2580

Hi Radar,

I thought it was a bit strange, I think one of us was still talking when the phone went dead, it was more like we'd been cut off!
No big shakes, no harm done as they don't insure buggies anyway!

I've just had a call from Graham Sykes, a very nice girl rang to let me know that they can't cover me as I want too much!!
I asked for fully comp, limited miles and agreed value, they can only do third party f & f with agreed value or fully comp with no agreed value :(

So it's still Adrian Flux in the lead, but I'm not a betting man :D

Steve ;D

herman

Steve,

Do a price check on Frank Pickles. They were the cheapest.
I then rang Adrian Flux and and they reduced my original quote from £140 - £88 to beat Frank Pickles quote of £98.
Adrian Flu charge £30 for policy issue they removed this to beat the Frank pickles quote.

Regards Herman

Steves2580

Thanks Herman,
I'll give it a go, I'm all for saving a bit of cash!!

I'll keep this thread going until I've got the best quote and renewed my insurance!!

Steve ;D

kateybb

Good Afternoon

Hi..my name is Kate and I am the Manager at Backford Bloor. I have been away on holiday, and I note your conversation with some interest. I have spoken at length to Sarah who assures me that she did not hang up the call and we can only assume that there was a fault with the telephone...but our sincere apologies for any misunderstandings.

Steves2580

Hi Kate,

Not a problem, I did think it was strange when Sarah was still talking and the phone went dead. No harm done!

Doe's this mean that you might be able to insure us now??

Steve ;D