Who are you covered by?

Danny

Administrator
fairplay for coming on here :)

That really does look good on the company :)

Maybe you could insure us all now :)

Mini Mad Max

Danny":35wkvkd0 said:

I think if they could insure us, there would be quite a large potential market of people on this club site. Also I don't understand what would make beach buggies un-insurable. Further more I would argue that our buggies aren't beach buggies such as the old 70s VW beetle based beach buggies are. I would argue that our buggies are as much of a kit car as the Grinholm Scorpion and Pete said a lot of their club is insured with them. Hmmmm, nevermind, it's there loss of a load of potential customes I guess :p
Max

Radar

Mini Mad Max":1n7y32rh said:
Danny":1n7y32rh said:

I think if they could insure us, there would be quite a large potential market of people on this club site. Also I don't understand what would make beach buggies un-insurable. Further more I would argue that our buggies aren't beach buggies such as the old 70s VW beetle based beach buggies are. I would argue that our buggies are as much of a kit car as the Grinholm Scorpion and Pete said a lot of their club is insured with them. Hmmmm, nevermind, it's there loss of a load of potential customes I guess :p
Max

Max in fairness to Backford Bloor it is not them not insuring buggies but their underwriters Insurance underwriting is a black art and their logic and reasoning is not always clear when setting out their terms and conditions and what they will and will not underwrite. Backford Bloor should change their underwriters I hear you say ? well thats not really practical as many insurance companies have ongoing and fruitful relationships with their underwriters so why risk that business relationship by changing for one type of vehicle that they do not cover ? Thats where the market forces and choice come in and we can shop elsewhere.

fair play to Kate and Sarah for having the courtesey to come on our forum and apologise for the misunderstanding ...I can absolutely assure you the HSBC banks and such of the world would never do that so thumbs up for Backford Bloor unfortunately its just one of those things that they dont cover buggies .

Mini Mad Max

I can honestly say, I did not know that that was how insurance works. As you say, excellent customer service, but it is just a shame that they cannot insure us.
Max

Steves2580

Well guys,

Frank Pickles rang me back with a quote a whole £5 cheaper than Flux.
Gutted, I thought I would be on a winner with them, a really nice chap!!

So to save all the messing of forwarding proof of no claims etc etc, I've stuck it out with Adrian Flux

£138.88
Fully Comp
4k Limited miles
£2500 agreed value
£100 Access
Full legal cover, with glass!!!
Social, domestic, pleasure and commuting.

Tried for business cover too, but that increased the fee by nearly £100 OUCH!!
Looks like I'll have to book more college cars to go out teaching, shame really.

Thanks for your input guys!

Steve ;D