windscreen

biddleboy

hi guys does any body no were i can get some of that clear plastic to make a bit of a wind screen the only thing is i want it blck of even black tinted

Asbo

biddleboy":n9e73v01 said:
hi guys does any body no were i can get some of that clear plastic to make a bit of a wind screen the only thing is i want it blck of even black tinted

ive just bought a sheet of dark grey for mine. had to buy a full 6x3 sheet so have loads left.post what size you need here,and if its any use/and if alan phaeton is ok with it,i could drop it off at his on saturday? be quick tho,im on standby the next three nites and may not get to log in here before i leave for alans on saturday. ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

I got mine from B&Q but that's for clear stuff. Should also say that if you drill it to fasten it on make sure you use some rubber washers or some such like as if you tighten it up too tight with steel bolts you'll crack it.

Alan...

biddleboy

thanks wullie any chance of a picture to see if it will match the coloures of my buggy i know fussy  bas.....rd

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

Just another 2 tips,

a) don't leave your nose cone & screen propped up against the wall.

b) make sure your roof box is securely fastened up in the roof rafters

Alan...

jason_l

Might also be worth looking at a material called Macralon. Its like perspex but ALOT stronger and is shatter resistant and doesn't crack like acrylic does. Bit of a pain to machine but once its done its good for ages.

Its what im planning on using for my windscreen, when i am road legal :(

Jason :p

Mini Mad Max

biddleboy":36whm5r2 said:
I wouldn't have one with a roofbox fitted though for the long journies. I found a massive difference between your buggy and alan's when driving. With yours i could speak to you easily, where as alan's was harder, as the air was funneled between the flyscreen and the roofbox. I think it would be alright without the roofbox, it was just more comfortable in yours, although i didn't care about how comfortable either buggy was, i just cared about the go juice on the buggies ;D But don't get me wrong,  I still think alan's buggy was AMAZING! ;D I think Danny mentions this point somewhere too, that the roofbox and flyscreen funnel the air in.
Max :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":23976tpl said:
I think Danny mentions this point somewhere too, that the roofbox and flyscreen funnel the air in.
Max :)
Yep, hence why i came down in a helmet, don't normally wear one, but with screen & box there isn't really an option.

Alan...

biddleboy

bloody hell alan you carnt be trusted with anything i thought i was bad blowing every thing with my wireing skills

biddleboy

found a company by me called argo plastics for my screen and they can do it so its starts off black then fades into a clear me thinks that would look nice just got to get the size so they can price it for me hoping its not going to be a morgage