Wiring diagram?

willsbuggie

Hi, we're back on the buggy project now and have just fitted and bled the braking system. All our pipes, cables, wiring etc are under the car in a 3"x1" channel. Works well so far! Our next challenge is the wiring, which we have some of with the old loom, but many ends have been chopped of or are missing completely (because it was an off road, not road legal buggy) Is there a 'proper' Freestyle wiring diagram or should I use a mini one from the Haynes manual. Relays, fuses and dashboard etc are missing so we have a fair bit to sort out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mark

Phaeton

Staff member
Mark,

I've always used a home made one, but used the HBOL's as a guide. All I would say is however many wires you have going to the back add an extra 4/5 for future expansion, especially if you're binding it up in tape.

Alan...

willsbuggie

Thanks Alan,
Rear end & engine wiring should be Ok, but I'll struggle with relays and fuses etc at the front end, because most of it's been cut off! 'Scuse my ignorance but HBOL????
Saw your wiring pics showing relay bases and fuses which looked pretty complicated to what we currently have! We'll be fitting an Acewell speedo thingy so that should help cut down the work (I hope!)

Cheers, Mark

Phaeton

Staff member
Mark

HBOL, HBFT, both the same thing really Haynes Book of Lies, Haynes Book of Fairy Tales i.e. take a 17mm spanner & undo the bolt at the rear of the engine, which translates to, stand on one leg whilst reaching over the back of the engine with the sharp edges of the engine cutting into your hand, slowly move the spanner 1/16th of a turn, expect this to take at least 4 hours. Oh by the way, did we mention that if the car is more than 6 months old it is likely that this bolt will be rusted solid & you may have to remove the front suspension to be able to get to it properly!!!!

However I would have thought this would be very easy for you, doesn't your company make circuit boards?

Alan... 

willsbuggie

Hi Alan
Thanks for the clarification! I get it now and totally understand what you mean!
We do make circuit boards but I still struggle with rusty, impossible to get at bolts!
Out of interest has anybody got through the IVA yet with a Freestyle? (Just got my Cobra nearly through, a bit too noisy so got to stuff something up the sidepipes. Headrests were too low but everything else OK - relief!)
Cheers, Mark