Self built Buggy test!

This is where we all can start getting to know each other
Robc

Re: Self built Buggy test!

Postby Robc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Thanks again for the advice, and the link, It does confirm what I suspected, you cant brake through the transmission if it relies on a chain at any point. probably for the best! also it didn't mention anything about having to fit mudguards, It would be good to get away without them as I love the open wheeled look. The only thing that confused me was the classification for a heavy quadricycle seemed to have a power limit of 15kw? there are lots of road legal quads about with way more than that! interesting stuff though!

250buggys

Re: Self built Buggy test!

Postby 250buggys » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm

I imported a Chinese buggy and it didn't need an IVA test, it came with a certificate of conformity, just had to register it and it was an easy road legal buggy with no MOT needed for 3 years. Sold it on before that as it would have needed a lot of work to get it through an MOT, no fog light or switch etc for starters. A lot has changed since 2009 though, probably for the best as there are a lot of poorly constructed kit cars on the road, most of them come up one ebay every year!

Return to “The Place To Meet And Say Hello”