windscreen

Anything About Freestyle Wind Screens And Deflectors
biddleboy

windscreen

Postby biddleboy » Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 pm

hi guys does any body no were i can get some of that clear plastic to make a bit of a wind screen the only thing is i want it blck of even black tinted

Asbo

Re: windscreen

Postby Asbo » Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

biddleboy wrote:hi guys does any body no were i can get some of that clear plastic to make a bit of a wind screen the only thing is i want it blck of even black tinted

ive just bought a sheet of dark grey for mine. had to buy a full 6x3 sheet so have loads left.post what size you need here,and if its any use/and if alan phaeton is ok with it,i could drop it off at his on saturday? be quick tho,im on standby the next three nites and may not get to log in here before i leave for alans on saturday. ;)
honestly,my upper case button is gubbed,along with my spellchecker which doesny unnerstaun parliamo-glas vegas

Phaeton

Postby Phaeton » Wed May 06, 2009 12:14 am

Steve,

I got mine from B&Q but that's for clear stuff. Should also say that if you drill it to fasten it on make sure you use some rubber washers or some such like as if you tighten it up too tight with steel bolts you'll crack it.

Alan...
Last edited by Phaeton on Wed May 06, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muddybuggies FMR Member You Know It Makes Sense

biddleboy

Postby biddleboy » Wed May 06, 2009 6:34 pm

thanks wullie any chance of a picture to see if it will match the coloures of my buggy i know fussy  bas.....rd

Phaeton

Postby Phaeton » Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Steve,

Just another 2 tips,

a) don't leave your nose cone & screen propped up against the wall.

ImageImageImageImage

b) make sure your roof box is securely fastened up in the roof rafters

Alan...

jason_l

Postby jason_l » Wed May 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Might also be worth looking at a material called Macralon. Its like perspex but ALOT stronger and is shatter resistant and doesn't crack like acrylic does. Bit of a pain to machine but once its done its good for ages.

Its what im planning on using for my windscreen, when i am road legal :(

Jason :P
Freestyle GT coming soon!......well, soon'ish.

Mini Mad Max

Postby Mini Mad Max » Wed May 06, 2009 9:36 pm

biddleboy wrote:hi guys does any body no were i can get some of that clear plastic to make a bit of a wind screen the only thing is i want it blck of even black tinted

I wouldn't have one with a roofbox fitted though for the long journies. I found a massive difference between your buggy and alan's when driving. With yours i could speak to you easily, where as alan's was harder, as the air was funneled between the flyscreen and the roofbox. I think it would be alright without the roofbox, it was just more comfortable in yours, although i didn't care about how comfortable either buggy was, i just cared about the go juice on the buggies ;D But don't get me wrong,  I still think alan's buggy was AMAZING! ;D I think Danny mentions this point somewhere too, that the roofbox and flyscreen funnel the air in.
Max :)

Phaeton

Postby Phaeton » Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Mini Mad Max wrote:I think Danny mentions this point somewhere too, that the roofbox and flyscreen funnel the air in.
Max :)

Yep, hence why i came down in a helmet, don't normally wear one, but with screen & box there isn't really an option.

Alan...

biddleboy

Postby biddleboy » Thu May 07, 2009 2:58 pm

bloody hell alan you carnt be trusted with anything i thought i was bad blowing every thing with my wireing skills

biddleboy

Postby biddleboy » Thu May 07, 2009 3:06 pm

found a company by me called argo plastics for my screen and they can do it so its starts off black then fades into a clear me thinks that would look nice just got to get the size so they can price it for me hoping its not going to be a morgage

Return to “Windscreen Questions”