steering wheel removal

Buggy Interior
Asbo

steering wheel removal

Postby Asbo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

anyone any advice on removing a steering wheel ? i've removed the big nut and washer(after hitting it a few times with a copper hammer)...but the wheel is seized solid. i've tried using a bigger hammer with a big chisel from the back of it...still no joy. its had several scoots of wd40 over the past few days,also had my mate round and the two of us together couldnt shift it. i'd be tearing my hair out if i had any.  ???
honestly,my upper case button is gubbed,along with my spellchecker which doesny unnerstaun parliamo-glas vegas

jason_l

Re: steering wheel removal

Postby jason_l » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Even bigger Hammer?  ;D Or if your not keeping the wheel is there anyway of using a puller.

I have not had a problem like this yet, the wheel on the mini i had just fell off rather than needing any pulling  :o
Freestyle GT coming soon!......well, soon'ish.

Asbo

Postby Asbo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:53 pm

phew.....got it with a big mallet and an old jack handle from behind it. i think its probly stuck/seized on due to being used in all weathers....whereas minis tend to be a wee bit dryer on the inside. was going to use my hub puller on it but i cant find it. cheers for the sugg,one buckled and bruised leyland wheel in the wheelie-bin.  ;D
honestly,my upper case button is gubbed,along with my spellchecker which doesny unnerstaun parliamo-glas vegas

Angel Boy

Postby Angel Boy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:39 pm

wulliecosse wrote:i think its probly stuck/seized on due to being used in all weathers....whereas minis tend to be a wee bit dryer on the inside.

My old mini was never dry on the inside, even after weeks of it being dry it still had soggy carpets.  I believe it is called character!!!!  ;D

Andy
To get confussed click here

Return to “Interior”