Fibreglass seat flex

Buggy Interior
Angel Boy

Fibreglass seat flex

Postby Angel Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Folks,
One for those of you that have fibreglass seats fitted or have them yet to fit, but do they twist and flex a lot?  I've just been to see some and they although seem solid, they don't half flex around the up/down central axis.  If this is the norm, what does Mr IVA think about this?

Ta v much,
Andy
To get confussed click here

collie

Re: Fibreglass seat flex

Postby collie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Andy, from what I remember mine hardly flex at all, they're very rigid!
I would like to take this opportunity to answer Alex's question & Max I don't give a s**t about not being PC, Alex you're a SLACKER
Image Alan...

jason_l

Postby jason_l » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Yes mine are pretty rigid also  ;D I have the same as Collie, just different colour.

From what i believe they do 2 types, floor mounted version and a side mounted version. The floor mounted version has a base part that has been bonded to the lower part of the seat, the side mounted versions may be more flimsey as they don't have this extra part bonded. Or some sellers may just not use as many layers to save on costs  :-\

Jason
Freestyle GT coming soon!......well, soon'ish.

Angel Boy

Postby Angel Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm

jason_l wrote:Or some sellers may just not use as many layers to save on costs  :-\

Jason

mmmm, looks like these are of these type.  They are v cheap so I might get them and just make up some sort of frame to mount them on.

Ta for feedback guys.

Andy
To get confussed click here

Return to “Interior”