Fibreglass Seats

Buggy Interior
Tonka

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Tonka » Thu May 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi just got my seats today very good quality finish and some bracketry and enough bolts washers and nuts to fix them in not bad for £150 plus £25 P&P They are also doing the 5 pad set with Colour piping and black padding for £98 per pair, just quote the model number from the website for the seat dimensions you require on paypal note. :D

http://www.jkcomposites.com/ or his ebay store http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/redpip1984

Asbo

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Asbo » Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 pm

very niiiiice. :P :P

you forgot to include your bank details.....we cud all have a pair :lol:
honestly,my upper case button is gubbed,along with my spellchecker which doesny unnerstaun parliamo-glas vegas

Tonka

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Tonka » Sat May 03, 2008 12:02 am

lol quickly getting emptied now :shock:

JAMIE B.

Fibreglass Seats

Postby JAMIE B. » Sat May 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Any pics of seats in your car ?

Its just I was planning a set of these

Which model did you go for ??

Jamie

Tonka

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Tonka » Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 am

Yes will get a couple for you next time I'm at the garage, model I went for was Sevens - N3942 little tight but not uncomfortable and I'm 6ft & about 18 stone :?
but they do give more leg room for gearstick, I did put a piece of 2"x 2" Box section under the backside of the seat as this was the best position for both gear and steering wheel clearances for me.
:D

Tonka

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Tonka » Sun May 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Jamie heres a photo (on the phone) not the best if you want better ones will take the digital camera up clicky

JAMIE B.

Fibreglass Seats

Postby JAMIE B. » Sun May 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Looks good in the buggy !

Whats the space like, are they tight?

Hows clearance for working the hand brake?

and finally do you have the fuel tank behind them, because I imagine that will hamper the tight fit even more.

I'm 6 foot + also !

Cheers, thanks for posting photo

Jamie

Tonka

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Tonka » Sun May 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Theres only about six inches behind the seat as I raised the backend to get them closer to the bulkhead and achive more leg room as I have the old floor mounted pedal setup, I have twin extinguishers tanks so I dont know if the angled tank would fit behind the seats,I would doubt it though.
some of the others may know better.

As for the fit they are really snug but they are really comfortable the gear lever is a bit of a stretch for first but still havent modified the lever yet, might just shorten the rods instead as the new seating position is lower and further back compared to the last seats the lever no longer fouls my leg in 3rd and 4th and there are no clearance issues with the handbrake.

you could possibly go for a wider seat yet as I just wanted as narrow as possible for playing around with the angles for a better position.

hope this is some help jamie :)

JAMIE B.

Fibreglass Seats

Postby JAMIE B. » Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks for your help, Im a bit concerned I may have fuel tank issues now, but I may just take the chance anyway !

Cheers Jamie

Mini Mad Max

Fibreglass Seats

Postby Mini Mad Max » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi
I would really like these style bucket seats in my buggy when its built, as my dad is 6'5" and my brother is 6'6". I went to sit in a buggy with more padded seats (Cobra clubmans) and his knee was over the gear stick, and his head stickin out of the roof (i used him as a measuring tool for the future as i'm only 13 and yet to grow). I'm taking my buggy frame to the local contractors to get it hightened, making it more long wheelbase is an arse to do and ruins ground clearance. The seats look uncomfortable which has made me avoid them but i've heard from a lot of people that they're actually really comfy. A good thing about hightening the buggy is that you can mount the steering column slightly more over to the right without your knuckles hitting the space frame for a better driving position as you (tonka) were trying to achieve with narrower seats because your driving with your arms to the left a bit. So by dropping the steering column mount a bit by putting a bit more box section that holds the steering column in place i will achieve this, but i'm getting the frame heghtened by increasing the angle of the diagonal front bars (the ones that go up to the top) and then join the flat top bars with the back bar above the bulkhead (im not very technical heh heh) so the steering wheel wont be too low.
Teamed with these seats i will be able to fit in my buggy fine when i stop growing.
sorry for the essay lol :lol:
thanx for the link!
Max.

collie

Re: Fibreglass Seats

Postby collie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Tonka,

Thanks for the recommendation, I just ordered a pair of seats from these guys, very nice to talk to, and concerned in how I am fitting the seats. I also ordered the padding in bright blue, should be nice when all put together, expected delivery is around 2 weeks so maybe expect them after Xmas?
When they arrive I'll take piccies and share my experiences with everyone, but so far, all good! :)
I would like to take this opportunity to answer Alex's question & Max I don't give a s**t about not being PC, Alex you're a SLACKER
Image Alan...

JAMIE B.

Postby JAMIE B. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 am

I went for the N3942 model in the end, with a floor mounted base like their saloon seats with neoprene padding. Great seats, mind you, no use if your arse is the width of a bus.  :o

Which ones did you go for Collie ?
Last edited by JAMIE B. on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

collie

Postby collie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am

I went for the same N3942's, very impressed with build quality and finish, but I agree, they are nice and tight!  :D
I must get some pictures of them posted up!
I would like to take this opportunity to answer Alex's question & Max I don't give a s**t about not being PC, Alex you're a SLACKER
Image Alan...

JAMIE B.

Postby JAMIE B. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 am

collie wrote:I went for the same N3942's, very impressed with build quality and finish, but I agree, they are nice and tight!  :D
I must get some pictures of them posted up!

Yup me too

collie

Postby collie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:01 am

As promised, pics of my seats!
Image Alan...

Return to “Interior”