ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap

The place where MuddyBuggies Members can post updates to their projects
ChaosMS

Re: ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap

Postby ChaosMS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:11 pm

a little update as got bored last night so decided to build an adaptor for the stock vw MAF sensor housing - one end of the housing fits into the silicone hose no issues but the other end would normally bolt into the airbox and therfore does not have enough space to fit a silicone hose and aftermarket air filter, so a bit of fiddling with Fusion360 and some 3d printing later I got this:

This gives me a good fitting for the 70mm ID hose joiner now, here it is fitted to the MAF housing:

And finally the full assembly with joiner and new air filter:

ChaosMS

Re: ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap

Postby ChaosMS » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Well been busy doing loads of stuff on the buggy, bot the cooling system plumbed in and the ECU fully remapped with all the crap removed!!

3d printed a new MAF adaptor with a 15 degree bend in it (Old and new below)

Did all the intercooler plumbing;

Plumbed the radiator;

plumbed the oil evap system with a small catch tank;

Stripped cleaned and serviced the injector rail (new seals on all injectors cleaned etc ) then swapped the 3bar fuel regulator for a bosch 4bar regulator (ECU is mapped to a 4Bar regulator now)

And this is what she looks like now ;D ;D

I've just finished 3d printing the ECU mount that goes on one of the old firewall sections behind the seats, high up out of the way!!, just prepping the looms to go back on the engine so i can get all the clips measured up and fitted - and slowly getting the AN10 oil fittings so i can do the oil pipework and fuel pipework.

Return to “MuddyBuggies Owners Projects”