Danny's K Series Conversion Project

The place where MuddyBuggies Members can post updates to their projects
owelly

Re: Danny's K Series Conversion Project

Postby owelly » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Yeah, that looks about the same for mine. I think I'll just weld in a couple of mounts alongside the current ones on the rear of the chassis and see where the rearmost supports want to be.
Thank you

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 pm

haha

The problem with MGF is the suspension hydro gas units are expensive!! Which is why I went down the TF route :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Right Today I spent most of the morning looking for my BMW car keys to find that the cleaner had knocked them off with the hoover.... grrrr

But still I managed to get to the garage and I got new front pads and disks fitted :D A nice quick easy job and now I have started on filling that space behind the firewall :D

Once this small job is done then it is a case of fitting my electric water pump and my mate Twiz coming round to wire it in :D

I am also going to re do the wheel alignment on the buggy ready for wales :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 pm

I used duct tape to see how it would look and I think it will be OK. .. well better than it as anywayImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Postby Phaeton » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm

owelly wrote:I'm stuffing a MGF engine and subframe up the arse of my buggy and the MGF subframe is wider than the Metro one.

Do you mean A series Metro or K series Metro?
owelly wrote:Did you make new mounting points on the chassis/frame or alter the subframe ?

This is how I did mine

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Today I was late getting to the garage and had to mess about with the tig welder as I was in the red with the gas so was half expecting to need to go and get some more.

Well it went pretty well.. took the bad edges off and looks OK

I will tidy it up tomorrow if I need to...

And tomorrow I am making a bracket to support my exhaust and also my friend is wiring the water pump to work as well :-)ImageImage

owelly

Postby owelly » Fri May 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks Phaeton and Danny. I've had a good read through your posts and it's given me a few ideas for mine. I've already got the subframe out of the buggy and I can see where the new mounts need to be. I may make the wheel base a bit longer to get more room in front of the engine to make room for further developments. ;-)

Danny

Postby Danny » Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 am

Not sure what mods I need to do now... got wheel alignment to tweek and that is about it... ready for wales :D

A week before there will be a mad panic there always is :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Sat May 27, 2017 2:57 am

On a side note in about 6 weeks I may have solved my storage issues :D May have also created a 10000 other issues but at least I will have storage again :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Waterpump finally fitted and wired in and working and I think we fixed the drain on the battery :D Just need to put it all back together now and get it mot'd ready for wales :D

Got about a days worth or tinkering :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:05 am

Well yesterday all I had to do was put the panels back on and generally potter about and get the buggy ready for its mot.

Well I decided to run up the buggy and realised there was an airlock and even with the vacuum bleeder I was struggling and that damp little bleed valve kept disappearing.

So I got frustrated and went to the pub...

The following day I jacked the rear up and systematically bead the system and after 2 hours it was running as it should....

I then did a test run and as ever my brakes are vague but with new disc and pads I an not surprised....

I need to check the wheel alignment and what not but have the mot tomorrow so won't do that till I have a ticket :-)

Also need to find the settings I used to do the camber and stuff :-)

ImageImageImage

Danny

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 am

Quite a productive day in the garage....

Mot done and passed

Clutch bled

Wheel alignment checked and tweeked

Panels refitted

I think I am ready :-)

Danny

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:41 am

At the mot stationImage

Danny

Postby Danny » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Well after wales I now have a job list to do ready for next year (i need to get these done before october really :D

I think I am going to change my clutch as the pedal is high and I think another wales trip would kill it totally so going to fit a new one of those and an uprated one to take my driving ***cough** style

I have a missfire or something that is causing the buggy to feel under powered and hesitate so going to change the dizzy and gubbins and hope that solves that, failing that it will be fuel or air :D

Myself and Phaeton also realised that the fronts of our buggies are low and I mean really low... in fact we are running on our bump stops so I need to look at that and get something sorted for that...

The rear quarter panels need a re think and a slight re design... I am still not happy with how it looks...

I also want to fir a spare wheel carrier and I think that is what the back of my buggy needs so I will be coming up with a design for that :D

Also my exhaust does not sit quite right and the cat rattles on the subframe so that needs a look :D

I need some seats to hold me in place as there is sooo much grip that I am literally hanging on in the corners and that is tiring as hell :D

Other than that I cant think of anything else that needs doing and I am quite happy with how it goes and handles...

Danny

Postby Danny » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 pm

This is the clutch I am going for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-MGF-1-8 ... Ciid%253A1

and also fitting a new slave cylinder and arm :D

Return to “MuddyBuggies Owners Projects”