Phaeton

Re: Danny's K Series Conversion Project

Postby Phaeton » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:59 am

Danny wrote:I may have

How do you 'may have'?

Danny

Postby Danny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Hmmm we are really near stoneleigh and although I think I am ready... I have not actually driven the buggy since the clutch and the front suspension changes...

I really need to find some time :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:29 am

Got to the garage today... tried to fit my spare wheel...

From design and getting the tyre fitted on the spare rim i have forgotten how it all goes together so i need to have a think.

I also have discovered a bad earth... so need to fix that as well.

I ran the buggy up to temp and iy cooled and what not fine and i dtove it in and out of the garage so i am hopeful it will be be fine for stoneleigh :-)

Will have most of it together tomorrow
20180412_162238.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 am

After a couple of hours at the garage i worked out why my spare wheel would not fit. The hub needs a to have a brake disk to space it out so i have ordered a spacer to go in and that should fix that.

I also worked out that there was a bad engine earth which i think i have solved now.

Started putting panels back and what not but also have a slight water leak from a hose underneath the car which i will fix after stoneleigh.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Well at last we exchanged today.... aiming to complete on the 1st of may so that it is easier for the people who rent our offices to pay us :D

It has taken about 18 months from start to finish to get this far but it is a good thing :D The garage you see in the pictures above is now mine 100% and so I dont need to worry about being kicked out :D I also own the yard so I now have space to sore a few more cars and also behind this I own a garden which has a huge shed and in the next 5 years I hope to build a house on there :D

For now I will rebuild the shed into something a bit better and make it more useful for my kit car projects :D

I may well be able to stand a chance in getting some sleep now :D I am officially skint as well so anybody wanna buy me a beer at stoneleigh feel free :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:58 pm

got time to have a go at the buggy today :D

Got the center console fitted and then the seats went in :D

Then I decided to run her to temp... engine ran for 10 mins then stuttered and died... Out of fuel!!!

Came back this evening filed her up and she ran great!! Sorted the exhaust mount out and have just superglued teh edge trim on the chequerplate panels.

Going to tax it at the end of the week and see how she goes... not sure if anything does go wrong if I will have the time to put it right :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm

20180503_172647.jpg

She runs and drives nice.... front suspension has made the world of difference

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 pm

After Stoneleigh I have decided I need to do a few little teeny weeny jobs on the buggy ready for wales :D

Replace Fuel Filter
    Induction Kit
    4 new tyres
    Seat wings to hold me in better
    Sort digi dash out
    Speed cameras(Dash)
    Oil pressure (dash)
    Tighten everything
    Longer pipe underneath coolant pipes
    Replace rubber seals in side boxes
    Cut opening wider on boxes
    Desharpen internal screws (boxes
    Grease steering column
    Scuff front number plate <=== cough cough

The air filter arrived today and does not look too bad to be honest... (photos to follow) I am going to put it in the void near the wheel arch which should look ok and fill a space.

Danny

Postby Danny » Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Welll

I have been tinkering a bit :D

I have sussed out the wiring for the oil pressure gauge so just need to run a wire from front to back and then we are good :D hope that the special sensor fits without too many problems :D

And that is it :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Well I started today doing some jobs on the buggy!!!

The first job was to finally get the oil pressure guage working.... I got sent all the bits for it and it was a complete faff to do and I spent most of the day doing it but it worked in the end :D

I also got my K&N air filter fitted as well... not in the best place to be honest but it will do for now until I can suss out a better place. I then spent the next few hours just tinkering and tidying up around the buggy and bolting stuff back together.

I have to fit a 22 meter fence next week in the garden and after that I can then start looking at building my shed... well I say shed... it will be about 5meters long by about 4.5 meters wide :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Well after the recent trip back from wales on a recovery truck I decided to change a few things here and there and hope that I fix the problem.

seeing as we are not entirely sure what is causing the problem and seems to only come when the engine has been cruising I decided to change the ignition coil and the crank position sensor. These cost pennies and were an easy job :D

I have confirmed the fuel pump and fuel filter are all good so we can write them off...

The other thing that I think may be causing it is that the engine is really closed in with chequer plate and I wonder if it is getting too hot in there and maybe the fuel is boiling....

I did notice on the wales trip that the car was taking a far bit of time to cool down so I will be adding a 8 inch fan (anybody got one) to the engine bay t assist with the air removal and I will be cutting grooves into all of the panels to all the air to get out easier and hope and prey that resolves the issues :D

On a side not if I have fixed the problem already then the buggy is pretty much ready for stoneleigh now :D

If I have resolved it I will be cleaning and then maybe getting a bubble and then start building my shed so that the buggy can go on holiday there then I will have time to start looking at the MOJO

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 am

I was chatting to my Uncle last night and he has suggested maybe the ECU was getting rather hot...

It makes sense based on its location... how do you think I could cool it down?

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Took the buggy for its MOT today....

It passed but it was not good....

On teh way there I hit a pothole and broke my wheel arch bracket... so that now needs welding... fun!!

Then on the way home I notices that the temperature gauge was fluttering and also the fans were not kicking in!!!

I am hoping it is a temperature sender that has gone on the blink!!! However, the engine bay was raging hot today so I am going to definiately finds some ways to vent the engine bay...

So the list of jobs continues!!!

Return to “MuddyBuggies Owners Projects”