MGF buggy

This is where you can discuss your builds
Baloo

MGF buggy

Postby Baloo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:41 pm

well i got me a cheap mgf so another buggy is probably going to be on the cards ::) ::)

might go the same route as last time

Baloo

Re: MGF buggy

Postby Baloo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:41 pm

im going to run it round the track as it is and see if standard suspension can cope, it seems mighty low though

250buggys

Postby 250buggys » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 pm

I like the look of that, will be keen to see how you get on. :)

Baloo

Postby Baloo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

Itwill be a while before i do anything with it need to finish one of the others before i touch the mgf really. I gave it a run round the track it seems to cope and the track could be made a lot smoother quite easily

250buggys

Postby 250buggys » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:15 pm

It's a shame you got rid of that other MGF buggy, that looks really good. Hope it went to a good home. The next one will be even better! :)

It would be a shame to make ur off road track, less off road. The tyres on your old MGF buggy looked like they were up for the job.

You are so lucky to have your own personal test track! :)

Phaeton

Postby Phaeton » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Andy think about a custom fuel tank within the front subframe & the radiator at the front as well, possibly a cut down heater unit up the front as well, I'm interested as you know about one to try to get through IVA. Alan..

Baloo

Postby Baloo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:53 pm

250buggys wrote:It's a shame you got rid of that other MGF buggy, that looks really good. Hope it went to a good home. The next one will be even better! :)

It would be a shame to make ur off road track, less off road. The tyres on your old MGF buggy looked like they were up for the job.

i think its going to get altered into a smooth track plus a more bumpy track around that so theres a choice of which track to use and then some sections that will require a rock crawler to get round

i ran the mgf round yesterday it copes with the smooth bits well enough but it is a sports car with low ground clearance and very limited suspension travel so t bottoms out very easily and often want to run an mx5 round and see how that compares ??? and then a suzuki vitara chassis/suspension
and see how that copes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGFEu1iLD3o

Baloo

Postby Baloo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Phaeton wrote:Andy think about a custom fuel tank within the front subframe & the radiator at the front as well, possibly a cut down heater unit up the front as well, I'm interested as you know about one to try to get through IVA. Alan..

Hi Alan im happy to put some work into this, i dont want to strip this mgf just yet as it all seems to work perfectly, i will hunt around for a couple of subframes and set them up on the bench then we can discuss specifics ???

Baloo

Postby Baloo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:08 pm

250buggys wrote:It's a shame you got rid of that other MGF buggy, that looks really good. Hope it went to a good home. The next one will be even better! :)

you cant keep everything lol, i sold it to a pal who changed the appearance a bit and then when he emigrated he sold it on ebay so god knows where it is now

this is it after i sold it , standard mgf suspension, filmed from the back of my micra engined buggy, he can out accelerate me easily in a straight line with the extra 800cc but his tyres had little grip in the corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1XqOIZSfRU

250buggys

Postby 250buggys » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 pm

That looks like good fun :)

Danny

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:27 pm

that looks fun

Baloo

Postby Baloo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 am

it was fun indeed
looking at this vid which is my old mgf buggy with a make over it looks like the standard suspension works ok when the body is lifted up out of the way which is what was hitting the ground when i ran the mgf round the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5yDEs0moU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnPg8-2BmuE

Return to “Build Discussion Threads”