Search results

1. R

Marketplace freestyle

I would be tempted to get it for the missing bits on mine but its a bit far!
  2. R

Marketplace freestyle

Just another freestyle I spotted on Marketplace. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/790053093048929/ It looks complete from what I can see......... Ross
  3. R

Wiring for freestyle

Thanks I wasn't sure which way to go regards the wiring..... I think we do have a mini car loom but if it's more effective to make one then I can go down that route I will see what parts of the mini I want to use (binnacle, ignition switch etc) and work it out from there? I wish that one had...
  4. R

Wiring for freestyle

Hi All.... I just wanted to find out what the general consensus is for the wiring loom on a freestyle? Is the best/preferred option to start with a mini loom and strip it back to just the essentials? Or have you guys doing builds from the kit made up a loom from scratch as it doesn't...
  5. R

Freestyle LSV Project

Hi All.... Just a quick update on the freestyle I have started stripping the corner sub assemblies from the frame over the last couple of weekends and it all went well. I will put up some photos shortly...... The plan is to get the frame stripped and prepped for powdercoat and go from there...
  6. R

Freestyle rear suspension bushes

Perfect thanks I was going to ask the best place to get the rose joint from but I will check McGill out and see what they have got.
  7. R

That's great and so helpful I think I will have a go and make up a set and do away with the bushes. Is that a normal mini track rod end? Ross
  8. R

great thanks I will check it out and get something made up.
  9. R

Hi Everyone Has anyone got info on the correct bushes for the rear suspension tie rods? These are the kit supplied (kit specific?) by the looks of it and I wanted to know which bushes are known to fit these as the ones on my buggy will need replacing and I wasn't sure if they were mini or...
  10. R

Freestyle LSV Project

Hi Everyone...... I though it was time to at least start my build thread and get something going so here we go! I have been looking for inspiration before I started anything, which is my usual way, to get a feel for what I would like the final project to look like so I have some angles to work...
  11. R

New member with a Freestyle

That's perfect....thanks (y)
  12. R

Freestyle fibreglass nose

Hi My freestyle came without the nose section so I will put the feelers out now for anyone that might have one or is willing to lend one out to have copied and then possibly have a few made so there is finally some stock of them out there so they aren't as rare as they are now! Thanks...
  13. R

On the forum which section is best for starting a new build thread for a freestyle? I am new this this thread stuff tbh and just a bit of guidance would be VERY helpful to get my build thread started and how to add photos etc. and then when a build thread is started and I have questions that...
  14. R

Thanks...I downloaded the PDF earlier and I was going to start into it sometime over the weekend and see what is in there that makes sense and what doesn't! hopefully it's quite straight forward but I know what the DVLA are like with their documents........! looking forward to the build...
  15. R

Freestyle buggy stuff for sale

Hi Any chance you could post the engine cover? no worries if not I can imagine it could be a pain (I know the feeling!) or would you do a price for everything as a bundle collected? Thanks. Ross
  16. R

great thanks I will more than likely be asking about that in the near future
  17. R

My plan is to do IVA and get it on the road...at a guess it will end up on a Q plate as I don't have the purchase evidence of the kit and I guess that is part of the puzzle to get an age related plate? I am going to get into the history and background as much as I can as I like to find out as...
  18. R

Thanks for the heads up I haven't got any knowledge/experience of SVA or what goes into it so I guess it will be better to build it up fully first like you say with engine and everything in to get the engine covers and everything in place...I will do that for sure! what can be the issue with...
  19. R

That's the one! really pleased with it as it has pretty much everything except the nose so can't complain really. were there different versions/marks over the manufacture period as on mine the pedal box is different to the manual and the dash bit as you say too!? I will get my build thread...
  20. R

I thought that would be the case about the nose! It will be a job further down the libe either try and make something up from another kit or see a fibreglasser to make something up for me I will see as the build comes along. It was on Facebook marketplace advertised as a Blitz but I knew it was...