Abs freestyle kitcar buggy project

Phaeton

Staff member
I'm not sure what you would be buying, is it the first couple of photo's or as I suspect that is what it arrived as, now it's just a pile of pieces, I've asked what is on the V5C but so far no response

250buggys

Alan are you thinking of buying another Freestyle?

I couldn't tell what engine is in it, if at all?

The description seems to elude it was on the road but no sign of a front plate.

I hate it when arches get chucked on the ground, it just puts unnecessary scratches in the gell coat...

Phaeton

Staff member
Well 7 watchers, you, me & Danny that nearly 50% of them, he says there's no engine nor seats, I think the winner will get whats in images 3 & 4 or that's what I'm expecting to collect ;D ;D

No seriously if I can get it really cheap I am considering it as the basis of a MGF buggy, cut off the back fit subframe, been there done that. Cut off the front including bulkhead, cut the header rail out, spring the sides out to be parallel to mate up with the front subframe. Not sure how much clearance that will give for steering lock. Even better if it is registered, although I doubt it is, although it does have an internal fuel tank & then jerrycan panniers.

250buggys

You might have to loose the jerrycan panniers for IVA

Hopefully you will find a chassis number and can apply for a log book etc

I have lost count now how many freestyle buggies you have built / owned now? Is this no 4 or 5?

Get in touch, go and have a look and get it bought. If you don't someone else will as the majority of freestyle auctions never run to the end.

If he has lost his lock up and all the bits are there it might just be the best £350 you have ever spent and the RH can get moved on and we get a buggy build thread ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
I SVA'd 2 of my own, 2 SVA's for other people then owned another one, think that is all

250buggys

This happens more often than not, the norm now with eBay. They must loose out on so much revenue as they are just a free advertising service.

I wonder how much it went for? Unfortunately we will most likely never know. At least it probably makes the Freestyle desirable.

Would have been a nice build project.

Phaeton

Staff member
As yet he hasn't sold it, he wasn't prepared to let if sell for 99p he was also under the impression to get it on the road all he had to do was apply to DVLA for a vin number, then get an MOT. What you see in pictures 3 & 4 is what you get, which really isn't a lot. It's not registered, no engine/gearbox, no seats, no wheels, no subframe, no hubs. You're getting a frame, with a few bits, I think it's okay if you already have one, space to store as a spare if you crash or yours sucumes to rust. But I doubt we can agree on a price, I don't know what he paid, but it's going to be a lot less than what it's worth to me, after all I'd be getting rid of most of it.

250buggys

I guess he doesn't know what a reserve or buy it now is....

Classic mini parts are getting more and more expensive by the day plus IVA fees etc it's not really a viable project.

Once you have hired a van and fuel you probably wouldn't want to offer much.

Silly move stripping it, it would have been worth much more as a roller.

Phaeton

Staff member
Agreed, to say I'd be cutting it up anyway so pointless really unless it was registered

Phaeton

Staff member
He's eventually admitted he wants £400 for what can be seen in images 3 & 4 with no V5C, I tried not to laugh in my reply