ahhh! much better!

Buggybloke

ever tried removing a steering rack, from a mini, single handed?.... whilst it's balanced on two piles of spare wheels in a scrapyard?.... -that's what I did for majority of Saturday lunch time/afternoon... not the easiest of jobs!
Anyway I got it off, and paid £15 for it, bargain! as when I stripped the casing off, inside was like new!... I took the old rack off the back of my Blitz2, and measured up the lengths of the track rods, stripped off the scrapyard track rod ends, fitted some new gaiters, and fitted a pair of new track rod ends, and adjusted them to my measurements, (will get them checked more accurately asap), next I fitted the replacement rack, very fiddly as the securing nuts on the n/s are a right bugger to get to!, being on inside corner of subframe.
I had a quick spin out and round the block, and it was a VAST improvement!,. -even pulling away on the drive I could feel the back end was much more secure....
Whilst I think this rack idea is a clever one, from the initial design, I'll be making up a new system using rose-joints etc because after the initial expense of buying them it'll last longer in the long run.....

Steves2580

Excellent news!!
Just get it tracked up and you're done!!

I bet that scrap yard was rather cold on Saturday??

Well done ;D

Steve.

Buggybloke

yep! VERY cold!.... and now what it's SNOWING, .... HARD!!!.... wahey!.... more fun than you can shake a stick at!