B806NAB is road legal

RichardG

:D :D :D

Inspection at DVLA took 5 minutes, followed by the question would I like to wait for the paperwork to be done. Yes Please :D :D :D

Registration document to follow in the post but they gave me a certificate that allowed me to get the number plates made up on the way home.

Buggy now has 35 miles on the clock and I am feeling like a beer or 2.

Very pleased with the way it felt on the road but temp gauge went off the scale almost straight away so we will be working on more cooling this weekend.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
CONGRATULATIONS

"RichardG"":3ku9q91x said:
Very pleased with the way it felt on the road but temp gauge went off the scale almost straight away so we will be working on more cooling this weekend.

A likely story, you had your foot to the floor & thrashing it within an inch of it's life.

Alan....

collie

Congrats!
You must be well chuffed, for me however a trip to the DVLA seems an eternity away!

funbuggydave

Make sure if you are using a smiths 2" gauge as would have been used in the Mini that you are using a voltage regulator, otherwise the temperature indication will go off the scale when the engine is lukewarm!
I have bought an infra red thermometer, my gauge reads high but the thermometer says the rad temp is 90 degs......
Dave

Phaeton

Staff member
Did you get to Donnington this weekend in the Buggy? We went passed (M1) on the way down to Stanford Hall, took us 30 minutes to 1.5 miles with the number of cars coming south bound.

Alan...

RichardG

Alan,

We did go to Donnington on Sunday to watch the Renault World series but not in the buggy, friend gave us a lift in his BMW M3 (not as good as much fun as the buggy :( ). Traffic from the south was not to bad but I did hear that it was chaos coming from the North.

Richard