Buggy bogs out and won't pull away

Lisae30

Hey I'm new here and struggling to find online help for a dune/type off road buggy.....it has been running fine up until my son pulled a jump in it almost immediately after it landed it sort of sounded like it was running out of petrol but this was not the case. It will tick over and idle fine as normal and rev as not but as soon as you put it into gear it barely moves and feels like it starves of air or fuel. Cleaned airfilter and it doesn't have a fuel filter...I'm a little puzzled? It has a 125cc engine in it with only forward and reverse gears no foot clutch just gear rev go? I think it might be a lawn flight buggy?? Can anyone please help me thanks

Danny

Administrator
I would be concerned about the lack of fuel filter..

sounds like there may be crap in the carb or a blocked injector... but hard to say

ChaosMS

Danny that was exactly what i was going to say, I bet the tank isnt baffled so the jump will of stirred it nicely and all the crap at the bottom went straight down the fuel line into the carb/injector and blocked it up, its getting enough fuel to throttle up off load but not under load when in gear.

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":3m1xxlhg said:
Danny that was exactly what i was going to say, I bet the tank isnt baffled so the jump will of stirred it nicely and all the crap at the bottom went straight down the fuel line into the carb/injector and blocked it up, its getting enough fuel to throttle up off load but not under load when in gear.

yup