Buggy footprint

Angel Boy

Can someone do me a favour and measure the footprint of their buggy please? I am looking at optios in transporting a part complete buggy up and need to know the measurements :D Looking for the width at the widest point, the length at the longest point and the height at the highest point please.

Thanks,
Andy

Mini Mad Max

The buggy is about 1.5metres wide and a bit shorter than a mini. It should fit on a plant trailor/small car trailor fine. I got mine on a small plant trailor with no wheels on as i got it just as the kit. Just get a hire trailor that can fit a small car on and that should do fine.
there are some dimensions on the funbuggies sight on this page:http://www.funbuggies.net/about.php
Hope this helps,
Max

Angel Boy

Thanks Max. I was wondering if I could get away with trying to squeeze it into a lwb transit. if it was just the chasis it would have fitted, but with all the bits bolted on it is about 200mm too wide :(

Looks like it would have to be a Luton box then mmmm

Cheers,
Andy

Angel Boy

Nothing yet, just assessing the modified part built on ebay at the moment and how I would get it up here. Looks like using a transportation company is going to work out cheapest at the moment. By the time I have hired what I need and added in fuel it works out about the same.

Still undecided about the modified part built though :?

Andy

HolyCount

I have looked at that one and, TBH, don't really like the widened body. A lot depends on the quality of the work too --- an unknown factor here!

At £300 I might have been tempted just for all the bits and worry about the frame once I'd got it home --- but for £500 .... ??? OK if it's on the doorstep, but once you factor in travelling and transportation I would wait for a "straight" example to make an appearance.

I bought mine, part built, at £600 (bit more than it was probably worth, but it was literally just down the road) ----- they do appear!! But, then, I was just about to buy a new frame from Dave, so saved a few pennies there !

Angel Boy

"HolyCount"":33bcy6os said:
I have looked at that one and, TBH, don't really like the widened body. A lot depends on the quality of the work too --- an unknown factor here!

At £300 I might have been tempted just for all the bits and worry about the frame once I'd got it home --- but for £500 .... ??? OK if it's on the doorstep, but once you factor in travelling and transportation I would wait for a "straight" example to make an appearance.

That's the dilema I'm in. Assuming I get it for £500 once I include transportation it'll be just short of £900. I have all the parts in the garage sat on one of the two mini's I have here. I'd just need all the bits which are specific to the kit.

mmmm. Think about it some more tonight.

Cheers,
Andy

BRUC3

sorry for the thread revival!

Anyone know if a rolling freestyle chassis will fit onto a 10.5 foot trailer?

Ones come up near me for £30, and want to make sure before i bite her arm off!

Phaeton

Staff member
BRUC3":1nbm5n8q said:
Ones come up near me for £30, and want to make sure before i bite her arm off!

Get your teeth out, even if it overhangs slightly that mega cheap, the wheel will fit on 10'6" as long as that's the bed & not including A frame.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Well just been out with tape for you, kicked a couple of brass monkey's off the buggy. Mine is approximately 9' bumper to bumper, with wheelbase of approximately 6', so realistically depending on the style it would probably still fit.

Alan...

BRUC3

The base is 6''4.5 x 3''

I was going to cover the base with a sheet of ply as it currently has a section through the middle for a motorbike.

Maybe I should just get it and give it a shot!

Cheers for the help :)

Phaeton

Staff member
BRUC3":13e20hzf said:
The base is 6''4.5 x 3''
Bruce, Sorry mate but those measurements don't make any sense, but do you mean it's 6' long, 4.5' wide with a 3" upstand?

If so, I'll measure between the wheels tomorrow night, it will probably straddle the trailer, is this to collect Malcolm's frame with?

Alan...

BRUC3

You got it jason!

Yeah its to collect Malcs rolling chassis...

I guess if worse comes to worse, I could always put a wider base on the trailer as im going to put a ply base on it anyway, and then remove the wheels and sit the actual base of the buggy on the ply... this should hopefully spread the weight a bit more!

Shouldnt it? :S