can anybody help

robcoles

hello there, im still having problems with the front wheel arch brackets breaking. ive had them welded three times and their snaped again. has anyone got any idea how i can solve the problem :?

robcoles

will take some pics now, they are snaping in a few places.its almost as if the steel they are made of is very poor quality.

robcoles

brokenbracket004.jpg

brokenbracket003.jpg

brokenbracket002.jpg

brokenbracket001.jpg

hope these are clear enough
rob

Phaeton

Staff member
Not an issue that I had so difficult to give you advice sorry. Only thing I could think of are your wheels out of balance which makes the guards shack & work harden the steel.

Alan...

biddleboy

hi rob it steve here its have the both mudgaurds snapped because it looks like the bracket near the front of the car is the fron of the mudgaurd to high and the wind gets under it make some new brackets and lower the mudgaurd at the front so the wind blows on top insted of under it o did you take any closeb ups for me cheers steve

hmalan

I haven't had any break yet but mine are currently being strengthened anyway.

I have noticed however that, as per the previous comment, mine sit further back than the other buggies I have seen which means that the air flows under them and they do vibrate a lot, particularly at speed.

Once I get them back I am going to move the arches further forward

Tonka

just welded mine up due to the same point breaking but it has been getting used off road I just laid the weld on thick but both were cracked before when chris had it

robcoles

thanks for all your advice. what ive done is raplaced the tube with solid bar +where it snaped on the bends ive welded another piece of flat steel below. then just because i wanted to make sure it dont happen again i welded another flat steel across the two supports . if it breaks again you will here me screem from over the bridge lol :wink:
ps ive taken them pics 4 u steve ill email them 2u now

Steve

Hi
I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I first put my car on the road. The brackets broke so many times, I lost count. I changed my design to use flat steel instead and touch wood had no problems since.
If you still have problems, let me know and I will post pictures (if I can remember how) of what I did.
Best of luck with your design.
Steve.[/img]

ben waine

i have had a similar problem i now wear gogles and old cloths but there is soooo much crap i cant use it off road and the only place i can take it is a farmers track i have had tube and flat peices of meatal i think the bar idea might work but if u look at blitz karts some have mudgards like off a tractor maby if u pop-riveted them on that might workbut i havent done that i thought id put in a few ideas