ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

250buggys

Hi Rich, buggy is looking awesome and the good weather is on its way.

Problem is it is looking too clean and shiny, you need to find some mud and test it in anger.

Chris 😀

250buggys

Good work Rich, sounds great.

Looks like you have got most of the jobs on your white board ticked off now! 😀

ChaosMS

Cheers Chris, Yeah im really pleased Ive got the engine running well now and the cooling system working! - As for the board yeah lots crossed off and no massive jobs left to do they are all smallish ones (and they usally take the time ha ha ha)

ChaosMS

that is looking smart
Cheers Danny :)

Rear calipers / brake pads and handbrake cables fitted yesterday, plus a load of the side panels fitted - until i ran out of 6mm button head bolts! god knows where they have gone to!! I will likely find them once its finished!!

Looking at the rear calipers i might have to re-use the old banjo fitting as its a bit of a pig to get to!

Phaeton

Staff member
Can you imagine coming somebody up behind you on the motorway, it would be "WTF is that" well done,

ChaosMS

Ha ha cheers fellas, it should be highly entertaining when I get her out on the road! when throttled up she has quite the bark and rapid throttle off produces a few entertaining pops!!

ChaosMS

Hi Alan, cheers mate - Ive now sent off the finished wheel arch brackets for powder coating - im waiting till the start of april before insuring and taxing it so I can take it for its MOT fingers crossed in a couple of weeks it should be back on the road!! - Cannot wait!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Mine is due it's first MOT at the beginning of June I think it is, do you know if you can MOT 30 days early like a car that already has an MOT without loss of time?