Collie's Brake and Clutch master cylinder set up

Mini Mad Max

Hi everyone,
I'm just sourcing bits for when i start building the buggy. I read something before about collie using a triumph spitfire brake master cylinder and a landrover clutch master cylinder.

I've found them both on ebay, but was just wondering if you could use the same one twice for clutch and brake like the triumph did with its cylinders and wondered which one used the 1inch spacer to equal the throw, as it would be cheaper to use landrover clutch master cylinder with the triumph clutch/brake than 2 triumphclutch/brake master cylinders. But the landrover doesn't have the thing on the end of the rod that attaches to the pedals like the triumph does.

Plus will they just fit straight on? or will modifications be needed?

Thanx guys,
Max

collie

I threw out the idea of using the Spitfire master cylinder, the throw of the arm is different to that of the mini and faffing with the spacer became a real pain!
To be honest, the landrover master cylinder is same as any .75 bore you get from kit car suppliers, and I'll be getting a mini brake master cylinder and fitting one of those fiat reservoirs. :)

collie

"Phaeton"":tkzeh3ty said:
"collie"":tkzeh3ty said:
and I'll be getting
What do you mean will be getting, I was expecting you to announce SVA date anytime soon.

Alan...
Things have been rather complex of late mate, what with the Tigra being in pieces several times and working abroad and new girlfriend taking up build time! Anyway, starting up again soon, installing engine, want to get a rolling chassis.

Mini Mad Max

thanks for the advice collie.
I will try find another alternative. shame though because that would have been much easier.
thanks anyway
max