Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
Where I pester for information and you guys take the piss :)

I am after a chassis... someone find me a chassis I can butcher :) I have crashed mine about 6 times now I think over the years so fresh one would be a great start :)

Danny

Administrator
Where you have your shocker mounts alan I would have these turrets... Is that correct?

Turrets02.jpg

Turrets01.jpg

Be ready for the 100000's of questions :D

Also what size steel do I need for the bends and also the box section? I can start getting organised on that front :)

Phaeton

Staff member
It's probably a bad time to buy, wait till the weather gets worse & there is no sun

Phaeton

Staff member
Looks a bit good to break, but you should get some of your money back with the bits you can sell

Danny

Administrator
yup... its far to good to break... but then I have a good donor :)

Spend £750

I figured I would get £150 for the shell at the end to a scrappy...

I was going to spend £550 on just engine and subframe... so only need to sell £100 in bits and I am quids in... I also reckon I could get £100 for the tax as well :)

Alan what size tubing and box section is the chassis using? may as well start ordering it all up now :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Tube is 38mm OD x 2mm wall I think (I'll measure when I get home), as I said over the weekend I have 2x bends which can be used for the rear hoop, the rest is just straight steel.

Danny

Administrator
alan that would be grand thanks :) let me know how much and what your paypoo is :)

picked up the donor today :) She is not too bad :)

Cambelt head gasket has all been done with water pump and what not :) She sounds sweet as a nut :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Get that VED sent off with proof of sending from the PO before Thursday that's £60 odd back, send me a delivery address for the tubes.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":1jli1iy6 said:
But those damn spheres... maybe an issue in the future? Whats an easy solution?

If it gets that bad that the spheres are not available, at some point pick up a TF subframe, no idea how much is interchangeable though

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hiya

Well picked the car up today :) paid £730 :)

Been driving it around and she sounds great :) Cambelt has been done along with head gasket... the head gasket didn't even need changing but the old chap that owned the car just wanted to be sure :)

She sounds fine.... :)

Got a local guy to teach me Tig welding which is cool just need to find the equipment to do it with now :)

Its all going forwards quite quickly now :)

Yeah I may just pick a tf subframe but all is not too bad..... but will look for a couple of spare spheres for now :)

Phaeton

Staff member
The 160 engine wasn't available until May 2001 so unless it changed into a Delorean & got up to 88 mph it's a 120bhp.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Wiring......

Do I need to ditch my old loom out ofvthe buggy and start again?

Or is it straight forward?