Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":3q2cldzw said:
looking at your extension lead, I wonder how i put up with that arrangement for so long :D

was usually fine, my old man mowed it a couple of times a year which was a bit annoying :D
Its only there till i get the electric from the offices... today is the last day of any electric

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":b3dkv1wl said:
I have not been doing anything on the buggy recently as we are days away from exchanging on the property/land purchase and I was £382 short of the deposit... lol ANyway we should be all sorted first week of feb :D
How much was the deposit Danny £385?
Danny":b3dkv1wl said:
Which means I can then get electric back in my garage once i have some spare cash :D and start building my other building in the garden to store the buggy while I build something else.... I am looking at an E30 but not sure at the moment :D
E30 isn't that anti wrinkle cream?

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":1be2mvub said:
Danny":1be2mvub said:
I have not been doing anything on the buggy recently as we are days away from exchanging on the property/land purchase and I was £382 short of the deposit... lol ANyway we should be all sorted first week of feb :D
How much was the deposit Danny £385?

Hahah I wish :D

Danny":1be2mvub said:
Which means I can then get electric back in my garage once i have some spare cash :D and start building my other building in the garden to store the buggy while I build something else.... I am looking at an E30 but not sure at the moment :D
E30 isn't that anti wrinkle cream?

nah thats the E45 which is the m3/m9 hybrid :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Now they are fun, always wanted one, but the good ones are too expensive & the crap ones you don't want.

Phaeton

Staff member
The one buggy I did with it I wasn't impressed, can't remember exactly but one of the issues was the horn was wired the opposite way around, so on a standard Mini it earths within the steering column to sound, this unit needs a wire in & a wire out of the steering column if I remember rightly. There was also an issue on the way the indicators/hazards were wired, bearing in mind it was a modified Mini harness being used.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":3cn2kc4n said:
The one buggy I did with it I wasn't impressed, can't remember exactly but one of the issues was the horn was wired the opposite way around, so on a standard Mini it earths within the steering column to sound, this unit needs a wire in & a wire out of the steering column if I remember rightly. There was also an issue on the way the indicators/hazards were wired, bearing in mind it was a modified Mini harness being used.

We only had an issue when we decided to wire a constant feed to the alternator :D

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":2ppqj8np said:

I've had the same issues as Alan with mine. Some things also permanent live that should be ign switched live and odd quirks like that. I just ended up taking nothing at face value with the instruction manual, and figured out what works with a multimeter. Perhaps they resolved all the gremlins by the time Danny bought one.

Danny

Administrator
Mini Mad Max":1kaagf1f said:
Phaeton":1kaagf1f said:

I've had the same issues as Alan with mine. Some things also permanent live that should be ign switched live and odd quirks like that. I just ended up taking nothing at face value with the instruction manual, and figured out what works with a multimeter. Perhaps they resolved all the gremlins by the time Danny bought one.

I didnt wire it my mate did :D He seemed to suss it out ok :D

250buggys

250buggys":3lvf2hop said:
Hi Danny

Just spotted this from CBS

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/ ... ing-module

and thought, that looks neat remember seeing that somewhere else

I bought all the individual parts, didn't realise you can get a whole auto electrics kit to terminate into.

Judging by comments this almost looks like a standard freestyle wiring module option that wasn't factory fit but but builders have adopted by coincidence. Funny I hadn't come across it before now.