Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":3dczpbap said:
Then I decided to run her to temp... engine ran for 10 mins then stuttered and died... Out of fuel!!!
Went up to fetch Bumble from storage on Monday night, started up no problems & I drove it to the bottom of the drive it was running a bit rough, then it died, exactly same problem, no fuel. Not sure what has happened unless it has evaporated as I'm sure there was plenty in when put into my father's garage. JUmped into his car & drove off for fuel, which is about 5 miles away, wasn't until I was almost at the petrol station when my phone alarm went off reminding me I was supposed to be on a conference call with a bunch of Doodle's

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":cgfpzot5 said:
Danny":cgfpzot5 said:
Then I decided to run her to temp... engine ran for 10 mins then stuttered and died... Out of fuel!!!
Went up to fetch Bumble from storage on Monday night, started up no problems & I drove it to the bottom of the drive it was running a bit rough, then it died, exactly same problem, no fuel. Not sure what has happened unless it has evaporated as I'm sure there was plenty in when put into my father's garage. JUmped into his car & drove off for fuel, which is about 5 miles away, wasn't until I was almost at the petrol station when my phone alarm went off reminding me I was supposed to be on a conference call with a bunch of Doodle's

Hahahahahahaha

ChaosMS

22 Metre fence - is that the garden? blimey your going to be very busy with that, though I do like the sound of the shed come auxiliary build room!!!

wagon_1.0

Danny":2nwr2at8 said:

She runs and drives nice.... front suspension has made the world of difference

Wow - certainly looks the part! fantastic! very jealous.

My brain is grinding about the suspension and what to do with it. Kind of think i need to get everything built so i can get the weights right first....

ChaosMS

Phaeton":3f5rdbyn said:
Only 11 panels that's an afternoons work

I suppose if its pre-built panels then yeah that fence down the side of my house (14 posts so 13 sections) was planked both sides no pre-built panels, it took bloody ages to build and a LOT of timber!!

Sorry went a little off topic there ::) ;D :p

250buggys

Not much rain lately, the ground is solid not to mention all the old concrete you will probably have to dig up.also pretty warm. I did 22 posts in the winter, realised how un fit I was! The end and corner posts are the worst and getting the last gravel board in is a pain.

Good luck with that :-D it will look awesome when finished.

Danny

Administrator
hmmmm spent 3 days clearing... ordered the fence and all the gubbins... £778.06 later.... gulp!!!!

But needs must!!

One day soon I will start the shed/workshop

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny was thinking about your stiff steering, as said I think it might be centred around the UJ going down to the rack

20180616_091720.jpg

On mine th angle is quite acute, I pushed it that way to move the steering wheel away from me,

If you cut the upper arm then the whole rack would rotate & the angle would be less

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":14wuoexm said:
Danny was thinking about your stiff steering, as said I think it might be centred around the UJ going down to the rack

On mine th angle is quite acute, I pushed it that way to move the steering wheel away from me,

If you cut the upper arm then the whole rack would rotate & the angle would be less

hmmmm maybe... I will have a look

I oiled the bush the other day and that seems a lot better now

Phaeton

Staff member
Dany has posted pictures of his new side panels, but they looked a bit plain to me so I modified them, although by his reaction I'm not sure he was impressed

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 14.52.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 14.52.51 (1).jpeg