Danny's K Series Conversion Project

Danny

Administrator
Spent the day mucking about with the panels...

They are near but not perfect... I have got some edge trim coming for the top panel to help rotect the chassis ftom chipping20171201_162627.jpg20171201_162632.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
I have been tinkering in the garage but I finally got served my eviction notice so I am now busy working on the garage 2 down from mine.

I have a wall to repair and a couple of columns to build and it needs new doors :)

But i did get some of the panels fettled a bit as well
723b9c0c58bfcd93d67c7743207ced03.jpg
20171212_172254.jpg20171212_172249.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20171212_172256.jpg
    20171212_172256.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 7,900

Danny

Administrator
Well.....

I have been working on my new garage... We should be exchanging contracts on our land/property purchase on thursday and completing in January!!! Well thats the plan!

SO I have been busy working in the garage to get it ready for the buggy.... chopping out knackered blockwork and building peers to support a wall etc etc etc...

After xmas my chippy mate will be round to build the 2 barn doors for it and then I can start work on getting the other huge shed on plot reconstructed and will soon be the long term home for my buggy... The garage will be for current projects... I am planning in getting unfinished kit cars in and getting them through the IVA to try and sell for a profit...Failing that I will break a few MGFs up and I might make another K series/or similiar Freestyle conversion :D

If I get my shit together next I am hoping to sell some of my toys and buy an Ultima :D... but not entirely sure it will fit but we will see :D

We are soooooooo close to exchanging now so fingers crossed :D

Danny

Administrator
I have also painted one wall in the garage that took 10 litres of paint :-\ and that was only one coat :-\... I also need paint the ceiling and get it wired up :D

Danny

Administrator
Danny":21nb92y3 said:
I have also painted one wall in the garage that took 10 litres of paint :-\ and that was only one coat :-\... I also need paint the ceiling and get it wired up :D
Finished the brickwork off today.... wahooooo....

Started painting the walls today... well have one a second coat and then first coated the others...

Got another day in the garage tomorrow then it is a case of getting shelves up and getting ready to paint the floor

Danny

Administrator
Garage well underway now
a300e7af2bb076ad10320b93d2f2a7a0.jpg
20171221_123645.jpg20171221_155633.jpg

Attachments

• 20171212_125238.jpg
    20171212_125238.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 7,849

Danny

Administrator
The l9ng process of moving garages is a slow one but progress is progress.

I have painted most of the floor and i have my work bench coming in tomorrow and on tuesday i think i am repairing my doors and rhen the garage will be secure enough...

We should be exchanging contracts on the land and buildings very soon as well...

Been having a lot of binfires recently mainly to remove a hige tree stump
38c3eea874a5f6d58593a9e7296e8ad8.jpg
60de7f02042fed78447cfe8ef8598fff.jpg
080b880456183e4c31d6ec7ef31f31dd.jpg

Danny

Administrator
I decided against new garage dooors... well... I did not like the idea of £1200 for new doors then another £300 to make the frame and what not, so I have made good of the old doors and fitted a new frame and all that jazz... the grand cost of £170 :D

Removed my work benches from one garage and the refitted them in the new garage and had another bonfire :D

Got my wheel alignment gear to get hung up on the wall then its a case of repainting the floor and getting ready to move out on tuesday of my old garage and then into the new one...

I also lost electric :-( may have something to do with me revoking the right to a cable etc but either which way for a few months I will be without electric... I have just added a bit to a tenancy agreement of two offices we own that they have to supply me with the electric but that will take a bit of time :D

I may get a few days putting the buggy back together next week before I go away again for work... yes I do sometimes actually work :D

Danny

Administrator
Nearly in my new garage.... no electric yet in this one.... gotta wait to get it from my offices
e8129692b1d6c4d2d7ab1bd1e8153ab3.jpg

Danny

Administrator
Well tomorrow is my last day of my old garage...

SO I am doing the wheel alignment and then saying goodbye to it... (I will own it again very soon)

I also lose electric for a bit as well which is quite annoying especially as I just about own a couple of offices right next to it but I need to split the electric meter and stuff which I sense is going to be a headache...

I also need to start drawing up plans for my new shed in the yard as well which I am looking forward to :D That will house my buggy and then the garage will be used for stripping and building other vehicles :D

Danny

Administrator
I have not been doing anything on the buggy recently as we are days away from exchanging on the property/land purchase and I was £382 short of the deposit... lol ANyway we should be all sorted first week of feb :D

Which means I can then get electric back in my garage once i have some spare cash :D and start building my other building in the garden to store the buggy while I build something else.... I am looking at an E30 but not sure at the moment :D

Danny

Administrator
I bolted some panels on laste week and run teh old girl up :D Next week I will tax her and take her for a little drive :D... I hope!!

Danny

Administrator
I have really been quite lazy :D Did see the buggy today though :D

I may have just bought a road registered SYlVA Mojo as welll :-\

Danny

Administrator
Hmmm we are really near stoneleigh and although I think I am ready... I have not actually driven the buggy since the clutch and the front suspension changes...

I really need to find some time :D

Danny

Administrator
Got to the garage today... tried to fit my spare wheel...

From design and getting the tyre fitted on the spare rim i have forgotten how it all goes together so i need to have a think.

I also have discovered a bad earth... so need to fix that as well.

I ran the buggy up to temp and iy cooled and what not fine and i dtove it in and out of the garage so i am hopeful it will be be fine for stoneleigh :)

Will have most of it together tomorrow 20180412_162238.jpg