Dumfries Deathtarp Discussion

Phaeton

Staff member
But at least you get to play with big boys toys, last time I used a miller was 40 years ago

ChaosMS

Wagon that suspension is fantastic !! really nice work mate - makes me wish I had access to a mill/lathe just dont have the space (or cash lol)

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":1zm54i9r said:
christ... It shows how severely lacking my skills are...
And the obvious statement of the year award goes to............................. ;D ;D ;D ;D

wagon_1.0

you guys are too kind - the grim bit is going to be welding it together. So far I have managed to get nearly all my tack welds with the gloss silver which is very pleasing! I have been welding 1.0mm wall with a gas lens and 1.6mm tungsten. 35-40 amps.

On the inside it has taken a load of attempted to get the right level of purging, had a bit of oxidation to start with but eventually getting straw on them now which is good. My goal has been fitment of the butt joints which at worst have been a couple of sheets of paper gap :)

Nxb4o1Og.png

ChaosMS

Hi Wagon,

Apologies if youve got the PM with the same question but wasnt sure it sent as it seems to go to the outbox and nowhere else!!

Quick question mate, im looking at getting the AUM ECU re mapped and one of the options is the mapping out of the VSS speed sensor signal to the ECU, from what Ive read the speed sensor goes to the clocks (and can be pulse adjusted there) and then on to the ECU where its used if there is Cruise control or launch control - neither of which im going to have.

So the question is have you used the VSS? I remember you saying you have 944 clocks and your speedo is cable driven so did you connect the vss to the ecu or just dump it?

Cheers mate

Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
I love CNC, it was the 'new' thing when I was doing my apprenticeship in the 70's that's 1970's not 1870's @Danny, but nothing compared ro what can be done these days.

250buggys

Hey Al, I recon your buggy and Justin's must be due it's first MOT by now? I've still got a couple of years to go. I am in the process of building a 7 kit and reading the forums nearly every one I follow they all get a pre IVA MOT. WTF? My build only failed the IVA on 2 fairly minor points which were not MOT failures, technically saving £150 on test fees.

How many miles did you cover, did you chop it straight after IVA? I have forgotten all the build pain and IVA pain, just smiles per miles now ;D

Do agree with what Justin said recently about fair weather buggy driving. Went for a blast yesterday afternoon, although it was mild enough it was pretty windy but still great fun! ;D

I have found two lorry weigh bridges on my adventures, tempted to see what the buggy weighs now, at IVA it was 510Kg. At Norwich test centre it was an auto system so almost anyone could drive through and I doubt they would even notice as you get a read out on the display screen.

Danny

Administrator
What kit are you building 250s?

are you still building in the shed (memory serves me correct?)