Ebay car collecting

Danny

Administrator
I am going to bid on a mini on ebay, for the road not a buggy donor,

Its in gainsboroug which i believe is in lincolnshire, does anybody own a car trailor ect that would pick up if I won... folding pictures of the queen available by request.

Cheers

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Well young man, if Dave eventually sends me pictures of these Buggies he wants to sell me & we can agree a deal (Hint Hint Dave) & if Matt (aka alaskanow) will lend me his trailer. I should be coming down the weekend 15/16th bit of a long way round (not by Ewan McGregor & Charlie Boardman's standards I agree) I could drop it off for you. This is supposing I have fitted the towbar by then.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Ah we shall see, I may be the proud owner of an italian job mini based in dartford by the end of this weekend.

Been bitten by thne bug hard and especially as my corsa has more water leaks than the water board.

My engine sold for £230 odd lol wahooo!!!

I will let you know

Cheers

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Interesting it says in the advert that it's a Auto but has a 4 speed dog box & it's been on fire, but apart from that it looks good.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Yeah theres that one and also another one not on ebay, looks identical to the one i crashed.

Will let you all no

Danny

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

Thought I would have a go at fixing the blowing exhaust today, lol.

Thought it was blowing at the manifold but I changed the gasket ect and this doesnt seem to have cured it.

I think there is a join lower down the pipe whjich may be doing it.

The propblem is its difficult to locate because there is afir amount of induction noise from the carb.....

So tomorrow I will probably swear a bit more and push on with the cure.

Then when that is sorted back on with the buggy...lol

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Shove some rag up the exhaust to force it out of the leak & then drip neat redex into the air filter. This will make it smoke like a good'un & you should be able to see where it's coming from.

Alan...