Eleectric Fan

Danny

Administrator
No I dont know the depth yet,

£55 is loads for a fan I think?? Might have to make a nother trip to the scrappy!

Cheers

Dannny

Phaeton

Staff member
"esdebe"":hizt4z9k said:
Alan do you know what the depth of it is?
Unfortunately not but if Danny enables the PM's you could PM Chris (FFTS) & I'm sure he'd measure it for you. I know if you wanted to mount it on the outside to pull air out of the engine bay it fitted between the rad & the downpipe. But what I did with it was remove the mechanical fan & mount it on the inside within the existing fan shroud, BUT I did have to move the rad to the other side of the downpipe there wasn't quite enough space. Only image I have that gives you an idea is this one Fan in Housing

"Danny"":hizt4z9k said:
£55 is loads for a fan I think?? Might have to make a nother trip to the scrappy!
Might be expensive BUT it was/is fudgingly good, it could without any duct work keep the engine cold I don't mean cool I mean cold. Think of it this way, what you've spent on the engine, carb, etc. is it worth risking it overheating & frying it all.

Alan...

esdebe

Getting a fan from the scrappy costs about £5 well at my local scrappy... But you don't know if it works, or how long it will work for.,.... Also finding a donor with one that fits may be an issue too... Most Production cars have platic molded fan housings shaped the same sixe ar their radiators, to remoce the fan and then fabricate some sort of housing can be an bigger job than you think....

I was asking for the depth as I've changed the location of my heater matrix and it now sits infront of the main radiator with a gap ob about 1.25 inched between the two radiators... Was thinking I could put a fan inbetween... I have a fatter, but smaller fan bolted on teh outside of the heater matrix blowing and the mechanical fan sucking... so if I manged to out an electric one inbetween I could do away with both of the others......

Danny

Administrator
Yeah I think your right,

I have not decided where I am going to mount mine yet, I am thinking of putting it betwen the engine and the rad and sucking then findinga smaller fan and putting that on the matrix with a thermostat.

Alan have you sussed how much postage is for the oil cooler? I can wire the money straight to your account

Cheers

Danny

esdebe

GPR at Silversone do a fan that is 52mm thick, it costs 49.50 + vat... That may fit my setup, I may have to investigate it further..... (see how the car runs after my matrix relocation first)

Simon

hmalan

Mines a metro fan, cost £15 at one of the shows and the housing fits nicely around the radiator.

This is on the outside of theb rad and just fits in nicely between that and the frame.

Alan

Danny

Administrator
After spending the afternpoon with simon I bought an eleccy fan from GPR in silverstone £49 + vat and dam she blows hard!

Cheers

Danny