FIBERGLASS Exhaust Thermo Wrap Tape

250buggys

Saw this for sale

Heat Wrap.JPG

Just wondering what any body elses thoughts were whether it would be a good idea or not to wrap the tape round the exhaust manifold to back box link pipe?

Pro's & Con's etc

Obviously wouldn't look as nice expecially if you had a stainless pipe.

Also the metal acts as a heat sink and surely letting the heat dissipate with the air circulating can only be a good thing unless it helps to decrease the air temp in the engine bay.

Danny

Administrator
Yep I would let the xhaust cool down and not wrap unless it's a place where you will burn yoursel

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Radar

I have used this on my MK Indy in the past and it's good stuff It actually as far as I am aware stops the heat /
temp from disappating and aids acceleration of the exhaust gases out of the pipe thr improving combustion at the cylinder head end increasing the use of fuel and air to replace the faster accelerating gases that leave the pipes.

Or so the science apparently goes . It also significantly reduces the temp in an enclosed fibre glass engine bay . And you can get it in some good colours too I had my wrap in Red which looked good and complimented the look of the car at the time .

If you like it or research it use it........not that expensive and if you don,t get along with it take it off !

Radar

Lilspeed

Definitely good stuff and as mentioned will prevent burns from exposed exhaust, but do consider - I once used this on my trackday Mini and it caused the manifold to deform considerably and crack from excessive heat. Not used it again! :-\
Probably not necessary on a buggy with an open engine bay.