Fibreglass Seats

Tonka

Hi just got my seats today very good quality finish and some bracketry and enough bolts washers and nuts to fix them in not bad for £150 plus £25 P&P They are also doing the 5 pad set with Colour piping and black padding for £98 per pair, just quote the model number from the website for the seat dimensions you require on paypal note. :D

http://www.jkcomposites.com/ or his ebay store http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/redpip1984

Asbo

very niiiiice. :p :p

you forgot to include your bank details.....we cud all have a pair :lol:

Tonka

Yes will get a couple for you next time I'm at the garage, model I went for was Sevens - N3942 little tight but not uncomfortable and I'm 6ft & about 18 stone :?
but they do give more leg room for gearstick, I did put a piece of 2"x 2" Box section under the backside of the seat as this was the best position for both gear and steering wheel clearances for me.
:D

JAMIE B.

Looks good in the buggy !

Whats the space like, are they tight?

Hows clearance for working the hand brake?

and finally do you have the fuel tank behind them, because I imagine that will hamper the tight fit even more.

I'm 6 foot + also !

Cheers, thanks for posting photo

Jamie

Tonka

Theres only about six inches behind the seat as I raised the backend to get them closer to the bulkhead and achive more leg room as I have the old floor mounted pedal setup, I have twin extinguishers tanks so I dont know if the angled tank would fit behind the seats,I would doubt it though.
some of the others may know better.

As for the fit they are really snug but they are really comfortable the gear lever is a bit of a stretch for first but still havent modified the lever yet, might just shorten the rods instead as the new seating position is lower and further back compared to the last seats the lever no longer fouls my leg in 3rd and 4th and there are no clearance issues with the handbrake.

you could possibly go for a wider seat yet as I just wanted as narrow as possible for playing around with the angles for a better position.

hope this is some help jamie :)

JAMIE B.

Thanks for your help, Im a bit concerned I may have fuel tank issues now, but I may just take the chance anyway !

Cheers Jamie

Mini Mad Max

Hi
I would really like these style bucket seats in my buggy when its built, as my dad is 6'5" and my brother is 6'6". I went to sit in a buggy with more padded seats (Cobra clubmans) and his knee was over the gear stick, and his head stickin out of the roof (i used him as a measuring tool for the future as i'm only 13 and yet to grow). I'm taking my buggy frame to the local contractors to get it hightened, making it more long wheelbase is an arse to do and ruins ground clearance. The seats look uncomfortable which has made me avoid them but i've heard from a lot of people that they're actually really comfy. A good thing about hightening the buggy is that you can mount the steering column slightly more over to the right without your knuckles hitting the space frame for a better driving position as you (tonka) were trying to achieve with narrower seats because your driving with your arms to the left a bit. So by dropping the steering column mount a bit by putting a bit more box section that holds the steering column in place i will achieve this, but i'm getting the frame heghtened by increasing the angle of the diagonal front bars (the ones that go up to the top) and then join the flat top bars with the back bar above the bulkhead (im not very technical heh heh) so the steering wheel wont be too low.
Teamed with these seats i will be able to fit in my buggy fine when i stop growing.
sorry for the essay lol :lol:
thanx for the link!
Max.

collie

Hi Tonka,

Thanks for the recommendation, I just ordered a pair of seats from these guys, very nice to talk to, and concerned in how I am fitting the seats. I also ordered the padding in bright blue, should be nice when all put together, expected delivery is around 2 weeks so maybe expect them after Xmas?
When they arrive I'll take piccies and share my experiences with everyone, but so far, all good! :)

JAMIE B.

I went for the N3942 model in the end, with a floor mounted base like their saloon seats with neoprene padding. Great seats, mind you, no use if your arse is the width of a bus.  :eek:

Which ones did you go for Collie ?

collie

I went for the same N3942's, very impressed with build quality and finish, but I agree, they are nice and tight!  :D
I must get some pictures of them posted up!

JAMIE B.

collie":3mncj3qz said:
I went for the same N3942's, very impressed with build quality and finish, but I agree, they are nice and tight!  :D
I must get some pictures of them posted up!

Yup me too

collie

As promised, pics of my seats!
DSC00458.jpg

Mini Mad Max

Hi alex,
Do you think it is worth buying those pad sets for £59 each. Does it still feel comforlable. I just thought about getting some for my fibreglass bucket seats so offroad i don't get pummeled to a pulp. I also thought about mounting them on little rubber bobbins so that absorbs some shock.
Max

collie

Hi Max, to be honest, those pads are so thin, I don't think they'll do much to absorb any shock! :-[
They look good though 8), but I think that's likely to be it.
I like the idea of using rubber bobbins though! :)

biddleboy

collie":83v6328h said:
As promised, pics of my seats!
DSC00458.jpg
nice seats i want some ;D hi there collie if you you dont mind me asking how much was they whth the floor mounts and what it like for behind the seat tankallso do you have a link to the site cheers steve

collie

Hi Steve,

All together including postage they were £333
I'll have to measure the gap for you but if IVA won't allow fire extinguisher petrol tanks then I'll be looking at a behind the seat one anyway! There is quite a bit of room, baring in mind I added a one inch spacer on the rear mounts to give me 100mm extra legroom, so I already lost some space behind the seat. Dunno how big the normal tank is?
Linky link just for you --> J K Composites