Freestyle Downunder

Kiwi

My name is Andrew Lay, I live in the lower part of the South Island of New Zealand in a town called Invercargill. The same town as Burt Munro of “The World’s Fastest Indianâ€

MattBlack

You might be surprised at the freight cost of an assesmbled chassis.. it's pretty light in it's bare state. i have a freight account for stuff that i ship around europe and a bit to the middle east. would you like me to get you a quote?

(Dave .. could you post the weight and overall dimensions of an assembled bare steel chassis?... plus a rough weight on the other 'must have' items)

Also.. can i be the first to offer to come over and help!! i'm sure there will be no shortage of offers!

good to have you aboard.

Kiwi

Thanks for the reply Matt.

If you could give us a quote that would be great, its a place to start. Thanks for the offer.

Yea you can come and help, I'm hoping it will be the Southern most buggie in the world.

Regards
Andrew

funbuggydave

Hi Andrew,
Only just got back from IMM in Denmark, just getting my liver detoxed!
The chassis is all jig built and there are no drawings for it, also no disrespect to yourself or your welding abilities, but I wouldn't be happy to sell one as a kit of parts for self assembly :(
I will get in touch with Matt and give him the details he needs and we'll see what we can work out for you
Hope this helps in the meantime
Dave

Kiwi

Hi Dave, nice to make your acquaintance, had to do some research to find out what IMM stands for.
You don’t have to worry about my welding abilities, I don’t have any. Along with trying to cut costs there’s a concern about the certification for the welding. My hope is to obviously register the buggy for the road here which requires a welder with the correct certification, I’m not exactly sure what that is but will find out for you. I know my neighbor has this certification (he’s also noticed the donor Mini parked in the drive). If the chassis is to come complete, which is fine, you may need to have this certification and the required paperwork. If we are unable to achieve this, the chassis will have to go through an x-ray process. This may be or may not be a big deal. I’ll have to do more research on the matter.

Any way first things first, if you could get back to Matt with what he requires to help me that would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully we’ll be able to get back to you with an order in the not to distant future.

Regards
Andrew