Freestyle GT Discusion thread

Steves2580

Another fantastic update Jason :D

You must be well chuffed with your progress!!

We've all got our fingers crossed for you, we hope you get it ready to roll for your Birthday ;)

I hope you get chance to video the event, I can't wait to see the beast drive round ;D (See what the competition is like) >:D

Good Luck and Happy Birthday for Thursday (Old Git, 30 is well passed it, ::) says me, who's a lot closer to 40 then 30) ;D

Steve ;D

jason_l

Thanks Steve.

Yes it really has come along recently, been putting in alot of hours and im getting quite excited now! I still dont know if it will run on Thursday but fingers crossed. I just have a funny feeling that i will be waiting on a part or something will go not too plan as it always does.

Wont be giving it too much of a thrash as im worried something will break or come off. lol

Jason

jason_l

Why thankyou kind Sir :D

Got a few video's to upload later from events this morning. If i get a chance tonight i will get them uploaded and on here but i don't know what the woman has planned for me tonight, probably end up just at home so will more than likely get them on here.

Jason :D

Mini Mad Max

Happy Birthday! I take it that it was a success today if you have videos worth uploading ;) I look forward to seeing them!
Max

Lilspeed

Well done Jason! Looking and sounding awesome :)

Seems you've got a proper little test track there!

And many happy returns ;)

Steves2580

A proper Birthday gift to yourself ;D

The beast lives and drives ;)

It looks amazing, sounds great, I'm worried Mary might be jealous :D

I do hope you can bring it to Stoneleigh, even if its not 100% finished ;)

Well done fella, you defo earned the rum ;D

Steve ;D

Steves2580

Hi Jason,

You told me that you hadn't much to update :eek: Yeah right!!

Another cracking update, I'm really liking the green colour, it looks the business ;)
Just a shame that dodgy welding has made it onto the buggy, but the polishing is great!!
I thought it would polish up ok, just not that good ;D

Well done fella, looking fantastic ;D
Will fit in well on the stand at Stoneleigh ;)

Steve ;D

jason_l

Thanks Steve.

Not really much of an update to be honest. Just some brackets and a bit of pipework. Ha. I just bulk it out alot with text.

I would rather bring the buggy to Stoneleigh when its complete, rather than a collection of parts.

Jason

jason_l

Danny":3po656wv said:
NIce :)

What do I do to polish stainless? I dont have a fancy workshop though ....lol

Danny, i found that actually the pipework came up very well with just a bit of elbow grease. I used a fine wire wheel attachment in a hand drill to clean up just the welded parts, don't press too hard as it scratch's the pipework. This got most of it off, then i used some scotch brite and metal polish and this actually brought it up to almost mirror finish. Im guessing then you could use a drill mop attachment to get it even better. I will be repolishing mine later when i redo all the other parts that need doing.

Jason :D

Phaeton

Staff member
You guys have either too much time on your hands, or are very practised with short sharp jerky hand movements

Alan...

jason_l

Well what can i say. I can't believe its been so long since i last updated ANYTHING. So many thing have happened since i updated last time, most i admit have been in the wrong direction. I really can't see this thing ever getting finished off! Got to the point where i have contemplated selling up so many times now!

Work hasn't helped one bit, they decided to relocate our workshop to a smaller area so now i can no longer keep the buggy at work so have had to move the thing out. It now sits under a tarp on the trailer on my parents driveway, just rusting away. I have no garage or anything to store the thing in so its just sat there going nowhere fast! Still working my arse off to get our house built but still not finished. I hope things are going to get better but not looking good. I really need to get the house done which means i can build the workshop/garage and then get it housed and crack on.

Max i think you might win, by years!!!!!!

Jason :(

Mini Mad Max

Keep your chin up Jason! :) Have you thought about getting one of those carcoons to keep it in? It would certainly stop it rusting and corroding as fast than outside under a tarp! I think you'd regret getting rid of it after all of the work you've already put in. You hear of tales of cars that have been built over a 15 year period because the car was shelved for 10 of them. But they still get made in the end!
Haha, knowing me, it may still take another year, or two. I want it to arrive at Stoneleigh under its own steam this year rather than on a trailor. I shall check availability of IVA in the easter period :)
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":1mzfn2u5 said:
I want it to arrive at Stoneleigh under its own steam

Max, it's an A series not a K series

I know it's an old joke but little things please little minds

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Haha I did think about changing it to "under its own power" but with the a-series dating back to the steam era, I thought it was more fitting ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Wow Jason, good to hear the accident wasn't too bad & you're on your way to recover. As to the buggy 2 year layoff & you're still going to beat Max ROFL

Alan

Excuse my spilling mistakes I don't csre

jason_l

Thanks Alan. Yes i fractured my spine but its what they call a stable fracture so not too bad. Don't know if i will beat Max but im still working away at it. Aiming to get the welding done then powdercoated asap. :)

Jason