Freestyle on e-bay

Mini Mad Max

This is in Cumbria!! Haha. Didn't realise there was one local...well I say local, I think it's probably closer to Steve and Rich as its in the far south of Cumbria :p
Max

edz27

Hi a mate of mine has just bought this,we collected it sunday night after the donnington kitcar show(did'nt see any freestyles there)was about a 6hr round trip as we're in doncaster,As im a jago man and never needed to to sva/iva i was wondering if you have any tips for the dreaded iva,as it will be me sorting most of the work,any good books on the subject,buggy seems to run and stop ok,looks 90% finished just some wiring issues to sort out,He wants to get it booked in to see what it fails on and then sort the failures out and book it back in again,whats a iva test cost nowadays?im sure ill be back with more questions until then cheers

Mini Mad Max

edz27":rujya5ww said:
Hi a mate of mine has just bought this,we collected it sunday night after the donnington kitcar show(did'nt see any freestyles there)was about a 6hr round trip as we're in doncaster,As im a jago man and never needed to to sva/iva i was wondering if you have any tips for the dreaded iva,as it will be me sorting most of the work,any good books on the subject,buggy seems to run and stop ok,looks 90% finished just some wiring issues to sort out,He wants to get it booked in to see what it fails on and then sort the failures out and book it back in again,whats a iva test cost nowadays?im sure ill be back with more questions until then cheers
Hello and welcome along!
It looked like a good purchase! I would recommend you reading this topic here: http://www.muddybuggies.com/forum/general-questions-f24/wagon-s-iva-experience-t2250.html?hilit=IVA
An IVA test costs £450 now-a-days, and £90 for every re-test :/ Pretty pricey!
I would also recommend skimming through the latest IVA manual online so you know all the new changes and requirements as i'm guessing that you've already been through an SVA with the Jago. IVA is much the same all bar a few things. Complete Kit Car magazine did a "Survival Pack" which covers the main new changes. I would recommend that for a bit more of a brief enlightenment.
Post as many questions up as you like, there's a real helpful crowd on here!
Max

edz27

Cheers for the heads up,wow 450 quid think he's gonna be shocked at that,I dont think Jago's were around when the sva started and don't they have much hope of passing one today,as in my intro im still thinking of utilizing a jago chassis i have and building a buggy from it,will keep updating on both as we go along cheers

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Edz, I'm just down the road North of Worksop, never put a buggy through IVA but done 4 through SVA, I would suggest going to Nottingham, they are a good couple of guys. I couls always pop over if you want me to take a look.

Alan...

edz27

Phaeton":3e460qp8 said:
Welcome to the forum Edz, I'm just down the road North of Worksop, never put a buggy through IVA but done 4 through SVA, I would suggest going to Nottingham, they are a good couple of guys. I couls always pop over if you want me to take a look.

Alan...
Cheers would'nt mind someone giving it a once over,altho ive seen em plenty times at different shows,not really had a close up,Is yours road legal then?One little niggle is the gearstick seems quite far forward,kinda stretching outa my seat to select 1/3 and reverse is a nightmare,ill start a thread elswhere with a few pics to get out of this ebay one cheers

Phaeton

Staff member
edz27":2afxok84 said:
Is yours road legal then?

Yes, this one has been on the road for 3 years now, we've just completed a 700 mile trip around North Wales, he's in the Owners Projects as Mr Bumble due to his Black & Yellow nature

edz27":2afxok84 said:
One little niggle is the gearstick seems quite far forward,kinda stretching outa my seat to select 1/3 and reverse is a nightmare

That can easily be sorted with a hacksaw, a welder & an angle grinder.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
edz27":3vp2uyof said:
after the donnington kitcar show(did'nt see any freestyles there)

Just re-read this, looks like we missed this, didn't think it was on this year, we were all down the road at Uttoxeter at a mini show.

Alan...

Steve

Hi and welcome, I didn't think Donnington was on this year either.
Good luck with the project, even if it is not yours.

edz27

Yes it was the first show since it finished not sure when the last one was
http://www.doningtonkitcarshow.com/
DSCF9658.jpg

mines the white one with a zetec installed