freestyle type exhaust needed

groovylee

Hi everyone, i have a rear engined Hollier Mosquito, and from what i can see, the exhaust setup should be very similar to the freestyle buggy. i currently dont have anything to go off other than some pics found on the net, so if anyone has one knocking around that they no longer need, it would be very much appreciated. even if it's a bit rough, as i could use it as a template so to speak.
thanks in advance,

Lee

250buggys

Hi Lee the Freestyle buggy was not a kit car but a kit conversion, used a classic mini engine and running gear. There was a bit of fabricating to do rather than just bolt parts on which means there was never an exhaust supplied as part of the kit.

My exhaust was once on a VW Caddy (thanks Al). If you look they are all different and you will most likely need to start at the manifold, find a back box and weld the sections in in between.

groovylee

Hi Lee the Freestyle buggy was not a kit car but a kit conversion, used a classic mini engine and running gear. There was a bit of fabricating to do rather than just bolt parts on which means there was never an exhaust supplied as part of the kit.

My exhaust was once on a VW Caddy (thanks Al). If you look they are all different and you will most likely need to start at the manifold, find a back box and weld the sections in in between.
thanks for that, i had a feeling that might be the case. i have the manifold as a starting place, so will have a crack at it. :)

Phaeton

Staff member
As Chris says there isn't a 'pattern' part available, @Danny had the Mini RC45 silencer (is that the one) I had a Honda Fireblade silencer, probably best to find the silencer, mount it up, then buy some bends etc. & join the bits together. Have look at some of the project builds although some of the images are now missing.

Alan..