Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

250buggys

Danny":sgtmohk4 said:
Phaeton":sgtmohk4 said:
Now you can start to sort out the handling & cooling, that's the usual process ;D ;D

hahaha very true :D

Well done though :D

Thanks Danny, there is still some summer left so will be out and about in it.

250buggys

wagon_1.0":37o5v2fj said:
Very nice! Congratulations ;D

Thanks Wagon , enjoying making my buggy how it should be but not as exreme as yours. Hows your project comming along? Your first mot must be due soon. Its going be great when its done, keep posting with your progress.

Phaeton

Staff member
When Simon had an engine built can't remember who by, the standard starter wouldn't turn it over with a standard starter he ended up buying a high torque one.

250buggys

Phaeton":ax8rl7kn said:
When Simon had an engine built can't remember who by, the standard starter wouldn't turn it over with a standard starter he ended up buying a high torque one.

Thanks for that Alan, I didn't even realise that you can get high torque starters. I'll bear it in mind now.

Danny

Administrator
The best way to get a better gear change is to stop teh engine moving about so much.. I added a lot of stabilisation bars and that made myu gear change perfect :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Be interesting to see how dark it is, I went from clear to what was supposed to be smoked but once on it was impossible to see through, you couldn't see the nearside front wheel, it didn't last long. Getting the length right is trial & error, if you wear a helmet you may experience more buffering.

250buggys

Been having a lot of fun in the buggy. This time next year I will be booking it's first MOT...

Gave it a wash and 2 hours later it was dirtier than before I cleaned it, found some really muddy lanes. It is great this time of year driving around just in shorts and T shirt.

May need to add some lower mud guards on the front :)

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0010.JPG

Phaeton

Staff member
HaHa remember being at Santa Pod a few years ago, think it was Mini in the Park & the mud was atrocious, Simon was in the passenger seat & got a full face full of mud, he was eating it for hours afterwards.

Danny

Administrator
HaHa remember being at Santa Pod a few years ago, think it was Mini in the Park & the mud was atrocious, Simon was in the passenger seat & got a full face full of mud, he was eating it for hours afterwards.

ah the same year I got thrown out then the organise got me back in again???

Danny

Administrator
What did you get thrown out for, never heard that story. I can only imagine.... :)

I beleive it was doughnuts i n the campsite... but I was also trying to get out of it :D

I have been kicked out of a few events in my time though :-\ a few mini events :D