Graham Sykes What a joke this year

Phaeton

Staff member
I am having a right performance with Graham Sykes this year, I've had one or another buggy insured with them for about the past 8 years. As you know I have been working in the US, so when the renewal came I didn't know about it till I got back but as the buggy was parked up it didn't matter. So the first thing they hit me with is extra fees, why, well because there was 7 days between the end of the last policy & the start of the new as this wasn't continuous, it had to be treat as new business. So that meant I had to sent copies of my driving license, both sides, copy of the paper attachment, a engineers report of the components although nothing had changed since last time it was insured. They also wanted proof of membership of this club, so I sent them a link which shows one or two posts I have made on here, not that I post much :D So I've received an email this morning asking for more information about the club, this is their request
Is this a paid membership? Do you have a membership number and expiry date? Can you forward a copy of your membership card?
Sorry but I have thrown the dummy from the pram, FFS told them to cancel the policy & refund pro-rata for any time used, I'll go somewhere else & pay double if I have to I just don't need shit from them at the moment.

Rant over.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hi Alan,

Yes I also fell out with them as well they charged me ridiculous amounts of money to renew and they also said that although I had renewed my agreed value wasn't carried over.. I Said its a renewal of the policy from the previous and they said no that it was not...

I went bat shit at them and am now with Adrian Flux :) Cheap as chips :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Well, all sorted documents, which I don't want, are to be forwarded to me, I have never needed a copy of my Insurance Certificate in over 5 years, they are just a waste of paper & postage. I'm happy with the result but do feel that I shouldn't have had to throw a wobbly just to insure a buggy. But then again it doesn't help that I disagree with having to insure each car separately anyway, let's face it I can only drive one of the three at any one time. I should be able to buy one policy, that allows me to drive any car up to a certain value, maybe even restrict a certain BHP or exclude certain vehicles etc.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Yes why is there not a policy for that....

Other than getting all cars nicked whats the problem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Steves2580

I'm still with Adrian Flux and I'm happy with their new quote for this year too!

I hate shopping about for insurance :(

As long as you're sorted ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Renewal time again, seems to have jumped hugely although all other policies seem to have come down, maybe it's time to ring Flux's. Gone from £96 to £124.42

Alan...

Steves2580

Yep, I am with Flux for another day or two!

£130, full comp, limited 4000 miles, value agreed with business use!

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Got a voicemail today from Sykes which prompted me to phone Flux, for the same policy with the same insurer but instead £124.42 it's £85.80 so they got money

Alan...

excuse my typing I am using Danny's spelling skills