Haynes manual

BRUC3

Is the haynes manual about kit cars worth getting?

Ive got the mini one on its way, but was wondering if it was worth gettting the kit car one to!

Anyone got it and able to shed any light? :)

Bruce

Mini Mad Max

Are any haynes manuals ever worth getting? They're full of lies making everything sound easy when it clearly isn't :D The mini one is useful for all the torque settings and diagrams, but i don't see why you'd need the kit car one as there are so many kits available, what does it cover?
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
As Max says the HBOL kitcar one is a waste of money, I must admit I have the Mini one, which I've viewed a few times, more for confidence thing really, used the wiring diagram quite a few times.

Alan...

jason_l

I have the mini one also, even though most of mine is now custom/toyota  :D

Mini one is pretty usefull and to be honest if you needed to know anything else than one of us will be able to shed some light on the subject. The Freestyle is pretty straight forward (unless you complicate it like me  ::) ) so should have no problems.

Jason :D

collie

I bought the Mini HBOL and also recently bought "Tuning the A-Series" which is a pretty good read, I bought it mainly because I want to see how far I can take a 998 rather than go the easy route and fit a 1275, but then that would still mean I need to be actively building my buggy, which I'm not!  :-\

ekim

I am sure that both manuals are useful. Not just for information about jobs you need to do but these can give you ideas for modification and improvements. For all the components and working parts the mini manual is a must. I know the Haynes manual can seem a bit complicated but it is full of information in great detail and this can be a bit daunting for people that do not have a lot of experience. I have built lots of minis and raced them too so would be very happy to share my experience with anyone who needs help.
itempics%5Cthumbs_HAYNES%20MANUAL.JPG

http://www.ukclassicparts.com/products/accessories-trim-and-brightwork/haynes-manual.asp
uk-classic-parts-logo.png

http://www.ukclassicparts.com/index.asp