Hesitation

Danny

Administrator
I have a slight problem with my k series buggy. When the car is warm and you are giving it a bit of welly I have a hesitation.

It did it last year and I changed the cap and arm and that appeared to solve it. However the problem is coming back.

When you rev it at stand still there is no hesitation and it does not do it all the time or at the same rev range...

Last year I changed fuel filter, ignition coil, crank sensor, cap and arm. The year before that it had need plugs and leads....

I am leaning towards a dodgy o2 sensor but wondered if anybody else had any other ideas...

I am also thinking to upgrade my fuel pump to this...

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/ ... ump-53-bar

It is a bit excessive but at least then I will be sure that it is getting enough fuel...

Another thing it maybe is where my fuel lines run they may be getting a tad warm and vaporizing...

Any other ideas or suggestions would be supherb

Fuel vapo

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":a1kcegpo said:
11 amp current draw seems quite a lot.

I spoke to CBS and they have said that fuel is for 500 BHP cars :D so probably a little overkill...

Vapourizing seems to to be high on the list of potential cause

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":3upp2rr3 said:
Hesitatation in my experience has always been
Spark
Injector
Or pissy little vac line related

Interesting you say about teh VAC line that has been mentioned before by someone else

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":p3sqsl2f said:
Yer could suffer from a dry joint, intermittent faults are always the worst
He has the ECU mounted at the hottest point in the engine bay, when he arrived on site the plate it was bolted to was so hot you couldn't comfortably leave your hand on it. We did space it off the plate with penny washers about an inch but I think it would be worthwhile moving it from there to a cooler place. But it's a full rewire to do it

ChaosMS

Hmmmm heat and ECU's never a good thing, but hell of a wiring job if its managing all the systems on the car - however sad people like me quite enjoy wiring like that - as Alan said get it out of the elements and the heat, I extended my ECU loom by approx 2-3 metres with no issues and mounted it inside the dashboard pod out of the way.

OR (And I bet this is a popular choice as per Wagon's comment)

Fit a TURBO and a new standalone ECU!!! LOL

Danny

Administrator
I found that one of the blanked off vacuum hoses was not completely air tight.... maybe that was the cause?
a34e3fe6050087585d6aabaae5945dc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk