Hi there, Newbie here.

Pootle

Hi to Everyone on this forum.
I've been interested in a Freestyle Buggy for many years. Due to lack of a watertight garage I've never had the chance to own one.
Now My garage has been finished I'm just about ready to take the plunge. . . . . . So get ready for MANY questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First question.....does anyone know the dimensions?
Thanks in advance
Pootle (Dunk)

Steves2580

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The guys on here are really helpful and will be able to answer any amount of questions ;D

I'd go out and measure my Freestyle but after the engine change mine is about 18" longer than standard ;D

Someone will be on shortly to answer you ;D

Get one bought, then worry if it will fit :D

Steve.

Radar

Pootle  here is the answer to ALL

your freestyle questions............ready ??? .......... buy one already built svad etc and ROAD LEGAL and enjoy.....THE END

there are many, many reasons why the above statement is sagely and wise the answer grasshopper is contained within many of the threads of this forum I hope you enjoy reading them ...

welcome aboard

Radar

Pootle

Hi Mate.
My Wife will only accept the arrival of another car if it still gives Her space at the back of the garage to put in a utility area. . . That I've been promising for over a year!
I've wanted a Freestyle for years, so I probably won't buy the first one I see.
Would I be right to assume that the best bargains are unfinished projects?

Radar

ahh grasshopper is impatient for knowledge

sold mine 1275 A series engine IMMACULATE build bespoke wiring loom powder coated frame bespoke handbuilt ally dash great seats blah blah blah brilliantly sorted buggy hot running wise no problems sold for .... 2.5 k last year ... build cost all receipts available  and tuning etc etc yadda yadda welll over 8.5k ...go figure lol...build one cheaper ??? nahhh don't think so... nope.... no way unlesss you want a small open frame skip with wheels ???

best route is as the statement :) as for size etc that answer will come from one of the other guys I am sure but I managed to fit mine in my garage with 2 other kit cars in there so maybe your mrs will get her wish !

pictures of mine are within the threads grasshopper go take a look ....

Radar

Steves2580

Pootle":3tq3z20o said:
Hi Mate.
My Wife will only accept the arrival of another car if it still gives Her space at the back of the garage to put in a utility area. . . That I've been promising for over a year!
I've wanted a Freestyle for years, so I probably won't buy the first one I see.
Would I be right to assume that the best bargains are unfinished projects?

Hi Dunk,
The best promises always take a while, another couple of months won't matter ;D Unless you like your man bits ha ha ;D
As Radar says, try to buy one ready done, far cheaper but they are getting a bit like rocking horse poop to get hold of!!

I bought mine november 09, for £1800, needed a little work but was taxed and MOT'd, have a look at "Mary's back" build thread.

There is a freestyle copy on ebay, that has a metro turbo in it, get it bought!!

Steve  ;D

Pootle

WOW.
So many responses in such a little time......Thanks everyone!
It seems that the 'Ready to go' option will be best.
So now to the difficult bit..........Securing funds!
Looks like 'Wifey' will have to wait.......She'll be fine!?!?!?!?!
Thanks for the warm welcome People

Steve

Hi and welcome.
I've wanted a Freestyle for years.

When your wife gets a go in a Buggy she will forget what a utility area is, besides you have been waiting for years and she has only been waiting around a year.

I think the time is yours.
Steve

Danny

Administrator
Welcome :)

I think the footprint is the same as a mini :)

BUy ready built..... save all the IVA hassle

BRUC3

Welcome along :)

I went the build it yaself' route, due to wanting a preject I could spread over a couple of years...

I paid £500 for a kit with 90% of the parts...

herman

Onyx is a blast!
I've got one and in middle of giving it a 1330 full blown transplant.
Turbo would be nice but like hen's teeth so opted for my race engine.  ;D
As everyone says buy road legal.

Flappy

Welcome from another (very) newbie.  I see prices here of £2500 and £1800?  Hell, that ain't too bad  ;)

Pootle

Hi....Other Newbie.
Yeah I know, I was expecting them to be a lot more.
Looks like We have ourselves a race to see who gets one first!

Buggybloke

well whichever one of you gets theirs 1st, -I'll beat you hands down in mine, lol! good luck with your search!... If either of you decide/or find a Blitz2 before you find a Freestyle, and need any info on them,..... feel free to ask me eh?

Flappy

Pootle":xmdy3k37 said:
Hi....Other Newbie.
Yeah I know, I was expecting them to be a lot more.
Looks like We have ourselves a race to see who gets one first!

It'll be you!

drunksquirrel99

hi everyone, Ive been looking for a forum to join and although I havent found any of you with a hammerhead, I found your advice to be extremely helpful.
A bit about myself, Im an Engineer (not car/buggy related) in Oxfordshire area and have recently bought a Hammerhead supersport 250 for relatively cheap, its got a damaged roll cage but that will soon be sorted and apart from that its generally ok. Im looking for places to go offroading and looking for a way to get it road legal.

So hi to you all and look forward to getting involved

drunksquirrel99

BRUC3

Welcome along mate :)

Get yourself a build thread up!

Always good to have a nosey at other peoples buggys!!!

collie

Hi and Welcome, would be good to see some pictures of the hammerhead before and after, let us know how you get on with your offroading!