How much negative camber?

Danny

Administrator
How much negative camber donyou th I nk I should have on the buggy?

Got thevtracking and what not being done tomorrow

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Mini Mad Max

I'm trying to find out ideal suspension geometry too... there were a load of details on the forum somewhere I'm sure!
Found it!
FRONT SUSPENSION

KING PIN INCLINATION ANGLE

9.5 DEGREES

CAMBER

2 DEGREES +\- 1 NEGATIVE

CASTOR (MECHANICAL)

7 DEGREES +\- 1 POSITIVE

TOE OUT (MEASURED AT THE WHEEL RIM)

2 MM PER WHEEL

REAR SUSPENSION

CAMBER

1 DEGREES NEGATIVE

TOE IN (MEASURED AT THE WHEEL RIM)

4 MM PER WHEEL

Also read someone quote the Toe in degrees rather than mm. Front: Toe 0 degrees 20 mins towing out ( 10 mins each wheel) Rear: Toe 0 degrees 20 mins towing in ( 10 mins each wheel).

Hope that helps!
Max

Mini Mad Max

I think this was the suggested geometry on the old ABS freestyle build diary... Not sure whether it's the ultimate set up though ???
Max

esdebe

Danny, I was talking to your uncle last weekend, he says he has your setup saved on his computer... That is unless you feel it needs tweaking.

The things that need to be considered when using the ABS recommendations, are.
1) what is the size of the rims (10", 12" or 13" will make a big difference doing mm at the rim)
2) what is the size of the tire, low profile again will make a difference to high profile if doing it based on mm.

If you want to work out the Degrees, Tan(angle)=Opposite/Adjacent (you will need a scientific calculator with an inverse Tan feature)
2mm = 0.34 degrees
4mm = 0.69 degrees

Mini Mad Max

esdebe":23fp4elj said:
Danny, I was talking to your uncle last weekend, he says he has your setup saved on his computer... That is unless you feel it needs tweaking.

The things that need to be considered when using the ABS recommendations, are.
1) what is the size of the rims (10", 12" or 13" will make a big difference doing mm at the rim)
2) what is the size of the tire, low profile again will make a difference to high profile if doing it based on mm.

If you want to work out the Degrees, Tan(angle)=Opposite/Adjacent (you will need a scientific calculator with an inverse Tan feature)
2mm = 0.34 degrees
4mm = 0.69 degrees

This is where i have no idea with what to set my geometry at. I have got 185 60 r14 wheel and tyre combo so that will be a lot different to the ABS recomendations. My uncle also does wheel alignment, but i think we are able to take the measurements off the drive flange so should i stick with the ABS recommendations?
Max

Roshitha

hey...this is pretty nice topic to discuss...im also bit confuse about my buggies wheel geometry....im running with 185/60/tires....but i need to know what should be my toe setting for both front and rear...

Roshitha

and also i have a confusion regarding my final drive ratio...coz im using 14inch tires so anyone can help me to select a correct final drive ratio... now i'm running with 3.7 ratio final drive but i not satisfy with its performances...